- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D., 2004, Top of class in Trial Advocacy
- University of Arkansas, B.A., 2001, Criminal Justice/Psychology, Full Athletic Scholarship – Swimming & Diving Team
- Texas, 2005
- Arkansas, 2012
- Georgia, 2013
- Illinois, 2014
- United States District Court Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8268 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Christa Hykaway provides representation of insurance carriers in complex civil litigation whose practice involves a wide range of cases including premises liability, dram shop liability, product liability, industrial oilfield accidents, medical malpractice, transportation, and coverage/bad faith.
Christa has experience in defending wrongful death and serious personal injury claims. She has settled numerous cases representing restaurant owners, trucking companies, oilfield operators, and apartment complexes. Christa also has successfully prepared and argued motions before various State and Federal courts across the country, including Texas, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois and California. In addition, she participates in every aspect of pre-trial and trial preparation specializing in taking and defending depositions of all calibers of witnesses.
- Litigation counsel for leading provider of transportation insurance in a first party insurance claim, resulting in a defense verdict.
- Litigation counsel for national pub in dram shop liability claims, resulting in favorable settlements.
- Litigation counsel for operator of oil and gas well, resulting in favorable settlement.
- Obtained summary judgment for premises owner for claims against it during the construction of a nuclear power plant in federal court.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
“The Government Contractor Defense and the Duty to Warn” Co-author; Harris Martin Seminar