- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 2010, summa cum laude; Order of the Coif; Texas Tech Law Review, Student Writing Editor, Phi Delta Phi
- Southwestern University, B.A., 2007, English and Communications, summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- Texas, 2010
- Northern, Eastern and Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth and Tenth Circuits
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8257 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Cassie Dallas focuses her practice on appeals and mandamus proceedings in Texas state and federal courts. She has argued numerous cases before the Second and Fifth Courts of Appeals, and she has obtained favorable results on behalf of insurers, health care providers, premises owners, and property owners associations.
Cassie also represents individual and corporate defendants at all stages of litigation involving high stakes business disputes, personal injuries, premises liability, professional malpractice, and property disputes. Cassie regularly partners with trial counsel to assist in preserving error for appeal and briefing critical pre-trial and post-judgment motions.
Before joining Thompson Coe, Cassie served as a law clerk to Justice Michael Massengale of the First Court of Appeals of Texas.
- Won Fifth Circuit appeal in which the court affirmed dismissal of defamation and tortious interference claims brought against insurer
- Won Tenth Circuit appeal in which the court affirmed dismissal of breach of contract and bad faith claims against large, national insurance company
- Argued and won appeal in premises liability case against national retailer
- Argued and won appeal in premises liability case against property owner and property management company
- Argued and won appeal in suit to enforce deed restrictions against property owner
- Argued and won appeal in health care liability claim, obtaining reversal of judgment and dismissal of plaintiffs’ health care liability claims against rehabilitation center
- Argued and won appeal in health care liability claim, obtaining reversal of judgment and dismissal of plaintiffs’ health care liability claims against physician
- Won appeal and obtained reversal of default judgment entered against business owner and real estate developer
- Won appeal in negligent activity and premises liability case against commercial waste disposal company
- Won appeal in breach of contract and bad faith claim against insurer who denied coverage under policy endorsement
- Won appeal in legal malpractice case on behalf of attorney who provided tax advice to estate client
- Obtained favorable defense verdict on behalf of attorney sued for legal malpractice and DTPA violations
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Served as mentor for McKinney ISD Interdisciplinary Study and Mentorship Program
Speeches and Presentations
- Co-Authored: 'Recovering Medical Expenses in Personal Injury Cases,' to be presented by Kirk Pittard and Michael Yanof at Damages in Civil Litigation Seminar, Feb. 2014.
Cassie has authored or co-authored several articles including:
- Co-Authored: Martin T. Booher, Jason Yearout & Cassie J. Dallas, State of Play: Shale Development Highlights from 2012 and Predictions for 2013, FINANCIER WORLDWIDE., Apr. 2013.
- Co-Authored: Ben Pfefferle, R. Tom Stilwell, Cassie Dallas & Jason Yearout, Drilling Through the Bureaucracy: Disclosing the Rules for Fracturing, OIL & GAS FIN. J., Aug. 6, 2012.
- Not in My Backyard: The Implications of Sex Offender Residency Ordinances in Texas and Beyond, 41 TEX. TECH L. REV. 1235 (2009).