- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2012, cum laude, Law Review, National Mock Trial Champion, Moot Court
- Baylor University, B.B.A., 2007, Economics, Business Excellence and Scholarship Team
- Texas, 2012
- United States District Court Southern District of Texas
Caroline Ballard Brackeen
Houston, Texas 77056
713-403-8266 direct | 713-403-8299 fax
Caroline Brackeen is a trial attorney that focuses on civil litigation, including representation of both companies and individuals in personal injury, premises liability, products liability, and professional liability actions. Caroline has defended clients in both Texas state and federal court.
Caroline is a Certified Information Privacy Professional. Her practice also includes a focus on the growing concern of cyber security and privacy as it impacts entities tasked with maintaining its customers, clients, employees, and vendors’ private information. Her practice includes evaluating the risks of her clients' cyber security and privacy programs and responding to breaches of her clients' cyber security and privacy.
Prior to attending law school, Caroline worked as an economic litigation consultant. She assisted in preparing damage calculations and expert witness reports regarding intellectual property claims. This experience allows Caroline to approach cases with an eye towards the financial impact of a claim on small and large businesses.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of homeowner’s association based on lack of fiduciary duty to individual residents.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of employer in a personal injury claim because the employee was not within the course and scope of employment and did not have permission to drive employer’s vehicle.
- Defended Fortune 1000 company in suit involving dispute over national database containing private and confidential customer information.
Professional and Community Activities
- International Association of Privacy Professional
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Kappa Alpha Theta Alumni Association
Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/ US)