- Southern University Law Center, J.D., 2014, magna cum laude
- Mercer University, B.A., 2010
- Louisiana, 2014
- Texas, 2016
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8204 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Cara Davis’s practice centers on defending malpractice and professional liability claims against lawyers, accountants, and other professionals. Prior to joining the firm, she served as a law clerk for Chief Judge Carl E. Stewart of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and a judicial intern for Judge Eric V. Moye of the 14th Judicial District Court of Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment for client sued for alleged violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, the Texas Debt Collection Act and the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of law firm and individual attorneys in legal malpractice case arising from the settlement of a very contentious underlying divorce action in which plaintiff alleged settlement was insufficient.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of law firm and individual attorney on legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary claims wherein plaintiff claimed attorney failed to pursue several claims; court concluded claims failed as a matter of law.