- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 1995, Research Editor – Texas Corporate Counsel Law Review, Contributing Author/Editor – Texas Association of Defense Counsel Practice & Procedure Newsletter
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A., 1992, Marketing
- Texas, 1995
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8284 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Mr. Johnson is an experienced legal professional who has practiced in a variety of legal disciplines, including first party insurance law (catastrophic weather, hail and wind litigation), insurance bad faith law, general business law, business litigation, conflict resolution and risk/exposure analysis and reduction. With more than twenty years of legal experience both in private practice and in an in-house setting as a senior executive for a regional insurance carrier, Mr. Johnson is keenly aware of what insurance and business clients desire in professional legal representation, and he takes pride in delivering professional representation with personalized service.
An effective negotiator and relational leader, Mr. Johnson believes in the importance of teamwork and works well with representatives at all levels of an organization, whether in a legal department or in a cross-functional setting.
- Currently manages a challenging extensive docket of weather-related first party claims, including hail & wind cases throughout Texas.
- Previously managed a large docket of first party bad faith cases for a national Fortune 500 insurance carrier
- Represented a multinational corporation in a complex commercial licensing dispute with over $300 million in controversy
- Served as Senior Vice President of Claims of a regional insurance carrier. Responsibilities including handling all escalated/contested claims as well as managing a team of inside desk adjusters and field adjusters, representing the company at mediations, and assisting trial attorneys with case preparation
- Pro bono: Have personally assisted numerous low-income families with various legal matters at no cost. These matters have included family law issues, litigation, property disputes, as well as criminal offenses
Professional and Community Activities
- Grapevine-Colleyville Independent School District
- District Strategic Economic Action Team: 2010
- District Budget Advisory Committee: 2010
- District Excellence Committee: 2009-2010
- District Bell Committee: 2008-2009
- Bransford Elementary Campus Excellence Committee: 2008-2010
- Cameron County Child Welfare Board 1995-1999
- Appointed by the Cameron County Judge. Elected Secretary, 1998-1999.
- American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure May, 2005
- Participated in the annual fundraising cycling event for the American Diabetes Association. Recognized as the top fundraiser in the history of the South Texas Tour de Cure.
- Ironman Coeur d’Alene Triathlon June, 2006
- Completed the Ford Ironman Coeur d’Alene Triathlon in a race that saw one of the highest drop-out rates in history. Raised over $25,000 for the Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance as part of the Janus Charity Challenge.