- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 2004, cum laude, Legal Research Board, Phi Delta Phi
- Texas Tech University, B.B.A., 2001, Finance, summa cum laude
- Texas, 2004
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
Brandon E. Berg is a trial attorney with experience handling a variety of casualty litigation claims including multiple semi-tractor/trailer accidents, premises liability claims, automobile negligence claims, uninsured/underinsured motorist claims, dram shop claims, product liability claims, construction defect claims, errors and omission claims, Medicare/Medicaid claims and wrongful death and personal injury claims. He has first-chair and second-chair experience in state and federal courts throughout Texas.
- Represented local trucking company and truck driver in auto fatality accident involving the death of wife and injury to spouse.
- Represented local trucking company and truck driver in auto fatality accident involving the death of son and injuries to daughter.
- Represented local apartment complex in action involving the death of two children and injury to a third child.
- Represented industrial company in action involving amputation to worker’s arm.
- Represented local apartment complex in action involving death of three children in apartment fire.
- Represented national restaurant chain in dram shop action involving death of two children and personal injury to two other parties.
- Represented local construction company in action involving death to construction worker.
- Represented local construction company in construction defect case involving alleged improper design to multi-million dollar commercial building.
- Represented insurance company and adjuster related to negligent adjustment of Hurricane Ike claim.
- Represented local and national companies in personal injury action in involving traumatic brain injury to child.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of national petrochemical company based upon Texas Workers’ Compensation bar.
- Obtained defense verdict in trial involving an explosion at a Houston apartment complex and injury to tenants.
- Defended owners and managers of malls, restaurants, apartment complexes and other commercial properties in general premises liability, security, elevator/escalator litigation.
- Defended professional truck drivers and several long-haul, regional, and local trucking companies in the defense of claims made for negligent hiring, training, supervision, retention as well as violation of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s rules and regulations.
- Assist clients and insurance carriers with issues related to Medicare and the Medicare Secondary Recovery Act as well as Medicare Set Asides.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel (TADC)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Texas Bar Foundation - Nominating Committee
- St. Luke's United Methodist Church
Speeches and Presentations
- Automotive Event Data Recorder (EDR) Systems...a technical and legal discussion, National General Insurance Company Seminar, September 2018
- The iPhone Generation: Selection Today's Juror, Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Winter Seminar, Telluride, Colorado, January 2018
- Investigating the Catastrophic Claim: Preserving and Gathering Evidence that Matters, Pure Insurance Seminar February 2017
- The iPhone Generation - (DE) Selecting Today’s Juror, Crum & Forster Seminar, November 2016
- Medicare Update: Please Medicare and HIPAA: Update on the New "New" Rules, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2015
- Medicare Update: A SMARTer System or More of the Same; Fairmount Specialty Insurance Company, January 2015
- Don't Scream at Us!; Insurance and Tort Law Update 2013
- What Are We Supposed To Do With Medicare Settlements?, Insurance and Tort Law Update 2012
- Medicare Liens and Settlements Following United States v. Stricker; Insurance Journal; October 2011 (co-authored with Brian S. Martin)
- Medicare: What Are We Doing Now?, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2011
- Subrogation and Liens: Basic Principles and Practical Considerations, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2010
- Settling It Once and For All: What You Need to Know About Liens, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2010, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar
- What Do We Do Now? Investigating, Evaluating and Defending the Trucking Accident Claim, presented to the Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) Society, November 2009
- Investigating, Evaluating, and Defending Catastrophic Claim, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2009, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar
- Extra-Contractual Liability Claims in UM/UIM Cases, presented to the Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Summer 2007 Meeting (co-author)
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation