- SMU Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2006
- University of Texas, B.A., Business Administration Minor in Finance
- Texas, 2007
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas
Arfeo Yllana is an experienced litigation attorney that has represented clients in hundreds of property insurance coverage lawsuits, as well as construction defects, energy, professional liability and personal injury lawsuits. He has also represented clients in lawsuits involving commercial transactions, fraud, UCC claims and trademark infringement. He utilizes his experience to accurately value his clients’ exposures early in the litigation process and vigorously represent his clients while being cognizant of litigation costs. His clients are always well informed of how their matters are progressing. Arfeo Yllana’s clients receive optimum results and the highest client services.
- Obtained Post-Appraisal Summary Judgment on all of Plaintiff’s extra-contractual claims in First-Party property lawsuit, which was subsequently upheld on appeal.
- Secured positive ruling on a dispositive motion involving large-loss commercial construction lawsuit.
- Represented clients in Texas, California, South Carolina and Louisiana involving numerous commercial disputes.
- Advised architectural client in drafting revised design-build contracts with owners and subcontractors to minimize risks and exposures.
- Mediated Hurricane Ike property lawsuit, including large commercial claims
- Advised insurance clients in the production and protection of proprietary institutional and operational documents.
- Defended architects, engineers and contractors on multi-party construction defects lawsuits, with one zero-recovery result.
- Deposed numerous first party, Hurricane Ike and personal injury plaintiffs, and experts.
- Deposed numerous Construction Defect experts, including architects, engineers and technical specialists.
- Inspected over 100 properties to determine scope and value of covered losses.
- Secured preferential rulings on numerous Motions for Summary Judgment involving personal injury, premises liability and coverage disputes.
- Mediated high-exposure construction litigation matter to settlement.
- Mediated over 30 auto/truck related personal injury matters to settlement.
- Obtained numerous preferential rulings regarding expert designation.
- Directed electronic discovery in lawsuits with documents in excess of one million documents.
- Resolved exposure involving large, multi-party CERCLA/Superfund litigation.
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Young Lawyer’s Association
- Texas Young Lawyer’s Association
- Filipino Young Professionals of Houston
Speeches and Presentations
- Navigating Your Way Through the Appraisal Process, Insurance and Tort Law Update 2013
- Hide from the Wind, Run from the Water and Wait for the Claims: A Property Damage Litigation Update, Insurance and Tort Law Update 2012