- Boston University School of Law, J.D., Dean’s Scholar (Full Tuition Merit Scholarship Recipient), Note Editor Public Interest Law Journal
- University of Houston, B.A., Political Science and History, Summa Cum Laude, Honors College, National Merit Scholar (Full Merit Scholarship Recipient)
- Texas, 2010
- United States District Court Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
Allison R. Miller is a trial attorney focused on defending lawsuits filed against companies and individuals. She has experience in a wide variety of claims including construction defect, wrongful death, personal injury, premises liability, dram shop, defamation/slander, product defects and insurance defense. Allison has prior litigation experience as a plaintiff’s personal injury attorney.
- Represented family owned trucking company and driver as part of trial team in auto fatality case involving allegations of gross negligence.
- Represented construction subcontractor in multi-party arbitration.
- Represented insurance company client before the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Obtained dismissal of claims against insurance agent accused of defamation.
- Obtained summary judgment of gross negligence claims in multiple lawsuits.
- Defended Fortune 500 Company in premises liability actions across east Texas.
- Obtained verdict in excess of $1,000,000.00 as part of trial team on behalf of the plaintiff.
- Obtained dismissal of claims against client accused of negligence in a worker’s compensation non-subscriber case following an incident in which an employee sustained severe injuries, including severe burns, at the workplace.
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association (Arts & Entertainment Committee 2012-2015)
- Ability Grants (Board Member 2015-present)
- Adjunct Professor, University of Houston Law Center, Depositions Course (Summer 2017)