Thompson Coe offers its clients both, maritime defense and marine insurance expertise. This gives our clients the advantage of significant experience, established regional resources along the Gulf Coast, and a global industry perspective to handle virtually any offshore energy, maritime and/or insurance matters. Our practice experience includes:
- Personal Injury (the Jones Act, Longshore and Harbor Workers, maintenance and cure, unseaworthiness, premises liability, occupational exposure, salvage and removal of wreck, environmental and toxic torts)
- Insurance (insurance requirements & certificates, first party property claims, coverage disputes, maritime-related insurance matters)
- Ocean Marine Risks (P&I, hull, marine employer’s liability, contractor’s equipment, builder’s risk, wharfinger and terminal, cargo, general liability insurance provisions)
- Brown Water Risks (claims occurring on rivers, streams and other inland waterways including tugs, barges, collisions, navigational errors, loading and unloading and crew change incidents)
- Recreational Marine (yachts, jet skis, fishing boats, and other recreational craft in the ocean bays, lakes, inland rivers and streams)
- Defense and Indemnity Disputes (LOIA, TOAIA, 33 U.S.C. § 905(c), Insured Contract and Additional Insured exposures in the offshore context)
- Platform Injuries (Employer Liability for workers on platforms under broad spectrum of schemes Jones Act, Longshore, State Comp and Foreign Voluntary Compensation)
- Offshore Contract Drafting & Review (master service agreements, bareboat and time charters, flight service agreements, construction contracts and daywork, footage and turnkey drilling contracts)
- Offshore Drilling (blowouts, environmental disasters, rig moving casualties, punch-throughs, mid-project contract terminations)
- Vessel Collisions (claims related to property damage and business losses resulting from a vessel collisions and allisions)
- Vessel Construction & Repair Litigation (claims related to defective construction, arbitrations concerning commercial disputes and insurance disputes related to ship building and repair disputes)
- Disaster Recovery (property, maritime, business interruption, errors and omissions, general liability insurance issues)
- Cargo Claims (cargo shortage, cargo damage matters)
With offices located throughout Texas, New Orleans and Los Angeles, our lawyers have extensive experience in Marine claims and proximity to centers of marine operations. The firm represents a diverse client base that ranges from large insurers and small offshore service companies, to self-insured companies and multinational corporations. We regularly represent clients during arbitration and mediation and before state and federal courts throughout Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, as well as providing counselling with respect to contract and insurance issues, wherever they may develop, worldwide.
Thompson Coe’s successful involvement in a number of unique cases of major importance contributes to our powerful reputation in maritime and marine insurance issues.