Thompson Coe has advised and represented insurance companies for 65 years and has a profound understanding of the specialized needs of London-based insurers, brokers, and their international clients. Our attorneys have worked with the Lloyd’s Market for many years, developing long-term, collaborative relationships across several areas, including property, general liability, maritime, professional liability, insurance litigation and coverage, commercial litigation, construction, energy, specie, pollution, mass tort and transportation. Thompson Coe’s experience and reputation as a firm dedicated to its insurance clients make it uniquely positioned to successfully handle all matters across the insurance spectrum in an efficient and effective manner.
Thompson Coe’s current services include:
- Defending insurers and their insureds in civil litigation in state and federal courts through trial and appeal;
- Evaluating and monitoring claims/litigations on behalf of excess Underwriters;
- Insurance Coverage analysis in third and first party situations, as well as advice in both preventing and managing “bad faith” litigation in connection with property, marine, energy, pollution and general liability coverages;
- Drafting insurance policy wording;
- Insurance product design and development;
- Crisis management, risk assessment, risk management and resolution strategy services for insurers and businesses responding to high-exposure litigation, catastrophic accidents, environmental releases and international disputes;
- Management and monitoring of accounts with high volume and severity claims.