Thompson Coe’s corporate and business transaction attorneys work closely with the health care regulatory and antitrust lawyers to achieve successful results. They are skilled in forming corporations, limited and general partnerships, limited liability companies, and joint ventures.
We frequently help clients apply for Section 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(6) status, advise health care clients on maintaining their tax-exempt status, and advise clients in areas of corporate reorganization. In addition, our attorneys regularly provide advice on state non-profit, ad valorem and franchise taxes, as well as state indigent and charity care requirements.
Our practice includes representing clients in cases involving, among others:
- Due diligence
- Corporate governance
- Joint ventures Establishing and advising 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(6) organizations
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Financing private placements
- Contract drafting and reviewing
- Business formation and reorganization
- Tax planning
- Tax-exempt financing
- Physician and nurse recruitment
- Contract negotiation with PPOs and HMOs
- Union negotiation
- Trademarks and intellectual property protection
- Trade associations formation and operation
- Physician practice formation and operation
- Medicare and Medicaid application filings (e.g., CMS-855S)
- FDA approval applications
- Peer review and accreditation issues
- Employee benefits and labor issues.
Bruce W. Bringardner