Administrative and Regulatory Compliance
Thompson Coe’s Health Care practice attorneys offer consummate expertise in interpreting contracting rules related to federal and state regulations. We help clients resolve administrative and regulatory issues related to HIPAA, EMTALA, the Corporate Practice of Medicine, the Medicare Anti-Markup Provisions, and much more. In addition, we frequently negotiate with, and defend clients against, various federal and state enforcement agencies.
The Health Care practice combines the experience of our health care regulatory lawyers with the trial experience of our litigators. As a result, we are better able to represent clients from the beginning of an investigation through settlement, trial, or appeals.
Our practice includes representing insureds in cases involving, among others:
- Appealing license revocations
- Defending durable medical equipment providers before Administrative Law Judges
- Interpreting new statutes and regulations
- Drafting patient consents and authorizations
- Negotiating business associates agreements to include provisions required by HITECH
- Formulating employee handbooks and policies
- Appealing Medicare/Medicaid terminations
- Providing on-site privacy and security training sessions
- Performing ongoing compliance review and counseling
- Appealing state and federal enforcement of civil monetary penalties
- Defending providers when audited by government entities or contractors
- Protesting Competitive Bidding denials
- Assisting organizations with self-disclosure before the OIG
- Appealing pre-payment, post-payment, and overpayment audits
- Create corrective action plans following Medicare certification survey.