Collections Specialist - Dallas Office
We are looking for an experienced Collections Specialist to join our Accounting team. The Collections Specialist will be working directly with the Billing/Collections Manager, Billing Supervisor, and Billing specialists. This is a great opportunity for an assertive individual who takes initiative and has excellent organizational skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collections activities for designated attorneys (dispute resolution, risk reduction)
- Monthly reporting utilizing ARCS
- Generation of past due statements
- Entering collection activity into collection software (ARCS)
- Researching and providing collection information to attorneys or clients
- Working with Billing team to communicate issues with e-billing invoices/appeals
- Following up with attorney/staff on high potential appeals
- Submitting appeals timely and monitor approval process for various e-billing vendors (Legal Precision, Legal Exchange, Corridor, Legal X, Serengeti, Collaborati)
- Must be detail oriented, have excellent organizational skills and able to work independently
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Must be computer proficient and have technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Excel, Elite and ARCS
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with client billing guidelines for deductions and/or appeals
Senior Accountant - Dallas Office
Downtown Dallas law Firm is currently seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join the accounting team. The Staff Accountant will assist in the reconciliation and posting of all funds received by the Firm with minimum transactional data error; effectively managing the application of payments according to a client’s payment advice; resolving all unidentified and unapplied cash on account; monitoring and posting daily payment receipts: Bank Deposits, ACH/Wire, Checks and Credit Card Payments. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation and distribution of Daily Cash Reports, Monthly Financial Analysis Reports, developing and maintaining department budget variance reports and generating other related reports.
The successful candidate will also assist the Controller by compiling and analyzing financial information to prepare entries to the general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions, bank treasury management and completing corresponding reconciliations including bank reconciliations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare accounting related entries to numerous accounts
• Post and electronically deposit daily cash receipts
• Follow Firm’s established accounting processes
• Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice entry
• Perform monthly bank and credit card reconciliations
• Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of several balance sheet accounts
• Provide detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions
• Post daily cost transactions and Time and Cost Loads.
• Prepare Month-End System Balancing Transactions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA preferred
• 3 + years experience in accounting or related field
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Able to read and understand statistical and financial reports
• Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Proficient in Word and Excel, Elite Enterprise, Chrome River and Intapp Time a plus
Senior Systems Application Analyst - Dallas Office
This position provides tier 2 and 3 level support and related implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of enterprise software systems. Primary support of our document management, accounting and other client/server applications. Must be proficient in SQL administration. Experience in Elite Accounting and OpenText Document Management Systems is preferred. Must have the ability to work on concurrent projects and manage competing priorities. Plays a significant role in the configuration and deployment of applications and the desktop environment. Must have excellent analytical, communication and documentation skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Work to ensure that enterprise applications and the desktop software environment is up-to-date, reliable and optimized for use by the Firm.
- Responsible for all backend SQL database Administration.
- Responsible for problem resolution at a 2nd and 3rd tier level.
- Provide advanced user support and problem resolution for application issues, including coordinating and working with vendors as necessary.
- Ensure client satisfaction by providing timely and thorough responses to client requests.
- Escalates problems as appropriate to ensure management awareness of problems.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert of eDocs Open Text Document Management Systems. Responsibilities include managing the DMS Servers and monitoring systems.
- Provide back office support of Elite Accounting Systems.
- Stay knowledgeable on latest legal software development by monitoring vendor and industry bulletins for any known vulnerability and bug fixes.
- Provide dependable and consistent on-call support as needed for back-up and where special expertise is required.
- Assist in setting standards for Firm software applications.
- Function as a solid team member of Application Support, including cross training for knowledge transfer within the applications team and desktop support tiers.
- Demonstrate insight on different jobs functions to assist with problem resolutions, provide back-up for coverage and assist others with skill development.
- Provide technical guidance to other support members in the IT Department.
- Create and maintain documentation and standards.
- Participate on projects for new software implementation and upgrades.
- Participate in development and management of new software implementations and updates.
- Provide quality assurance testing for compatibility issues and continuity of knowledge base documentation.
- Assist in enforcing guidelines related to system access and development for vendors.
- Experience with SCCM for deploying applications.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Information Technology related college degree or appropriate work experience.
- 10+ years of previous experience related to Information Technology
- 5+ years of Law Firm experience in applications support.
- Experience in Systems Administration of Document Management Systems.
- Experience in supporting Windows 7 and Office 2010.
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL, including writing queries.
- Knowledge of Elite Financial Systems a plus.
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks with supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to adapt schedule to changing workload requirements.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Some travel required.
Systems Engineer – Dallas Office
The Systems Engineer has primary responsibility for the technical design, implementation and support of the Firm’s critical enterprise infrastructure and communications systems. This position will be filled by an experienced engineer with a high level of project management and troubleshooting skills. We need a team player with exceptional customer service and communication skills. Attention to detail and documentation skills are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Actively participate with the IT Director, IT staff and vendors to select products and design solutions to provide 99.999% availability of the Firm’s enterprise infrastructure and communications systems. Manage and execute project tasks in the implementation of infrastructure and communications technologies. Take ownership of the monitoring and support of network, virtual server, storage, backup, unified communications (email/voice), document management, financial and other enterprise systems. Generate and maintain documentation related to the architecture, design, policies and procedures related to same. Works closely with vendors and other support staff subject matter experts to support these goals. May be the point of escalation for support requests to the Help Desk. Mentors and cross trains other staff members as appropriate. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and experience in the following platforms is critical:
- VMWare ESXi, vCenter, (5.0 and above) and SRM.
- Extensive Active Directory and associated services experience, (PKI, DNS, DHCP, NTP etc)
- General Windows Services knowledge, file server, dfs, etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and above
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, Exchange Activesync / OWA and associated services
- EMC VNX Series SANs (Gen 1 and Gen2) (Block and File)
- EMC Networker Backup Systems (v8.x)
Knowledge and experience in the following platforms preferred:
- Citrix XenApp Enterprise
- Open Text eDocs
- EMC Data Domains
- Cisco Switching and routing protocols and platforms, Nexus, Catalyst, etc.
- MPLS Networks, Quality and Class of Service
- Cisco ASA Firewalls w/ Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Video Conferencing Systems (Lifesize Systems utilizing SIP and H323)
- IP Phone Systems (Skype for Business, Cisco, Avaya)
- Websense Web Security
- System Center Configuration Manager, and System Center Endpoint Protection
- Fibre Channel Switching (Nexus, Brocade, and MDS Series)
- HP Servers
- General PRI and IP Telephony
- Solarwinds Products, including Orion and Log and Event Manager
- Mobile Device Management and associated best practices
Education, Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5+ years’ experience building and maintaining enterprise infrastructure and communications systems.
Normal office environment requiring extensive use of typical business equipment (e.g., computer, telephone, fax, copier, security system). Should be able to lift normal office equipment up to 50 pounds.
Works in a typical office setting. Overtime hours as needed.
Thompson Coe is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers challenging employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to the applicant's ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation, Vietnam era Veteran status, or membership in other legally protected categories.
When available, our Dallas, Austin, Houston, Saint Paul, New Orleans and Los Angeles offices have a variety of staff positions for legal assistants, legal secretaries, information systems specialists, accounting personnel and administrative personnel. We offer a competitive salary along with a full benefits package.