Zandra E. Foley devotes her practice to trial in State and Federal courts. She frequently represents individuals, businesses, and professionals in various types of tort and contract litigation including property damage, death and injury claims, malpractice claims, premises liability claims, auto claims and claims involving intentional torts.
Zandra’s clients have included apartment complexes, movie theatres, national product manufacturers, corporations, small businesses, lawyers, accountants, engineers, brokers and other professionals. She has first chair trial experience and has defended claims asserted under the Texas Dram Shop Statute as well as claims involving state and federal trucking laws and regulations.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of tax lawyer who allegedly committed legal malpractice.
- Defended a Houston lawyer at trial from title company alleging involvement in mortgage fraud.
- Obtained dismissal of State Bar grievance on behalf of Houston attorney who allegedly conspired with others to convert land from client.
- Obtained defense verdict for Ford Motor Company in a DTPA/Consumer law claim.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a home dialysis company in a medical malpractice lawsuit concerning the applicability of the responsible third party statute to the medical malpractice claims.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of foster parents accused of lack of supervision in a case involving the sexual assault of a child by a third party.
- Defended a Houston lawyer in a three-day trial from a former client seeking thousands of dollars in a legal malpractice claim involving the defense of a contract claim.
- Appealed the denial of a Special Appearance on behalf of an Indiana lawyer and law firm seeking dismissal from a legal malpractice lawsuit in Texas.
- Obtained directed verdict on behalf of environmental sanitation company sued for damages allegedly sustained after providing services in response to Tropical Storm Allison.
- Defended one of the nation’s largest brick manufacturers in personal injury lawsuit.
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston A&M Club 2006 – Present
- Houston Bar Association 2006 – Present
- Legal Lines Volunteer 2006 – Present
- Houston Lawyers Association 2006 – Present
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) 2006 – Present
- American Bar Association, Professional Responsibility Section 2009 – Present
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS) 2009 - Present
Speeches and Presentations
- Civil Engineering Liability: Understanding the Litigation Process, HalfMoon Education Inc. presents: Legal Issues for Texas Civil Engineers, Houston, Texas, April 30, 2103
- Going for the Shutout: Strategies for Minimizing Damages from the Tort Reform Playbook, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update, 2013
- Conflicts, Confidentiality and Malpractice: Ethics Seminar, Burleson, LLP in-house presentation in Houston, TX 2012
- From Lost Cause to Jackpot: Legal Malpractice Damages, OneBeacon Risk Management Seminar, Las Vegas, NV 2012
- Navigating Consent Policies in Professional Liability Cases, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2012
- E&O: Avoiding the Scarlet Letters of Malpractice, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2011, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar
- Appraiser Liability Avoidance, Houston Area Appraisal Institute, August 17, 2010
- Premises Liability: A Closer Look, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2010, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar
- Who Can I Make Pay-Contribution, Indemnity & Proportionate Responsibility, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2009, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar (2009)
- Course Director, April 2009, University of Houston Advanced Insurance and Tort Claims, Houston and Dallas, Presented paper Who Can I Make Pay: Contribution, Indemnity & Proportionate Responsibility
- Presented paper Texas Tort Law Update, 2008 Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update, November 2008, in-house presentation for firm client
- Named in Law & Politics magazine's Texas Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars list for 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2001, Order of Barristers, Teaching Quizmaster, National Mock Trial Champion
- Texas A&M University, B.A., 1998, Political Science, cum laude
- Texas, 2001
- United States District Court Northern, Eastern and Southern District of Texas