Will Moye is a trial lawyer. Will’s practice is chiefly comprised of defending product liability, premises liability, transportation, and professional liability claims.
Product Liability: As lead counsel Will has defended lawsuits involving allegations of product defects in passenger vehicles, vehicle components, tires, tractor trailers, heavy industrial equipment, construction equipment, marine equipment, recreational equipment, oilfield equipment, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices. Claims have included those for design defects, manufacturing defects, marketing defects, and consumer fraud allegations. Damages have included wrongful death and survival claims, traumatic brain injuries, amputations, and other catastrophic personal injuries.
Premises Liability: Will has defended retail owners and property managers in severe personal injury and criminal activity claims involving parking garages, shopping malls, and hotels. He also has experience litigating premises claims for owners, contractors, and subcontractors involving industrial settings ranging from oil and gas wells to industrial plants.
Transportation: Will’s transportation practice is literally nationwide. Along with representing professional drivers, he has worked for several long-haul, regional, and local trucking companies in the defense of claims made for negligent hiring, training, supervision, and retention. Will is versed in the FMCSA Rules and Regulations and is a regular speaker on issues related to litigation in the trucking industry.
Professional Liability: Will’s practice also involves the representation of attorneys, accountants, brokers, real estate agents, and health care professionals against claims of professional malpractice.
- Obtained defense verdict for Ford Motor Company in a DTPA/Consumer law claim.
- Obtained defense verdicts for Ford Motor Company in wrongful death automotive product liability actions.
- Obtained dismissals on forum non conveniens grounds for Ford Motor Company in automotive product liability wrongful death actions.
- Obtained dismissals on forum non conveniens grounds for leading tire manufacturer in automotive product liability wrongful death actions.
- Obtained dismissals for nationwide, regional, and local transportation companies in wrongful death and serious personal injury claims.
- Statewide counsel for national automotive retail chain.
- Tried several motor carrier cases to verdict as first chair.
- Represented local and regional transportation companies in DOT audits.
- Served as lead counsel in two nationwide class action lawsuits alleging vehicle component defects.
- Served as co-lead counsel for vehicle manufacturer in two Multi-District Litigation proceedings in both state and federal court.
- Arbitrated construction defect claims.
Professional and Community Activities
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Defense Research Institute: Product Liability Committee
- Defense Research Institute: Trucking Law Committee, Regional Editor: DRI Trucking Law Compendium
- Defense Research Institute: Trial Tactics Committee
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Texas Bar Foundation – Fellow
- Marquette University – Regional Alumni President
- Life Member: National Eagle Scout Association
Speeches and Presentations
- Ethical Considerations When Mediating the Catastrophic Injury Case, TDI Richmond, VA (2013)
- Is 'Loser Pays' A Model for Lawsuit Reform?, TDI Richmond, VA (2013)
- Evidence Preservation and Accident Reconstruction: A Primer for Attorneys and Claim Handlers, Las Vegas, Nevada (March 2013)
- The Biomechanics of the Low Impact Truck Crash, Las Vegas, Nevada (March 2013)
- The Courtroom v. The Conference Room: ADR Strategies in Advance of Trial, Texas Department of Insurance, (March 2013)
- Investigating, Evaluating and Defending the Trucking Accident Claim, Thompson Coe's 11th Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments, (October 2012)
- The Trucking Lawsuit: Plaintiff’s Counsel’s Perspective, Texas Department of Insurance, Dallas, Texas (Oct. 2012)
- The Defense Attorney’s Playbook 2012, Texas Department of Insurance, Southfield, Michigan (Oct. 2012)
- Reconstructing the Low Delta V Crash, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2012 (March 2012)
- Vicarious Liability: 23 Million Reasons to Pay Attention, Captive Insurance Board of Directors Presentation, Cape Cod, Massachusetts (Sept. 2011)
- Using Tomorrow's Technology to Investigate Today's Crash, Captive Insurance Board of Directors Presentation, Nashville, Tennessee (Oct. 2011)
- Investigating The Catastrophic Claim, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2011, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar
- Presuit Investigation Techniques for the Wrongful Death and Catastrophic Injury Claim, Texas South Chapter of the Association of Special Investigation Units (2011)
- Tweets, Status Updates, and Tags: Using Social Media in Presuit Investigations, Texas Insurance Update, Texas Department of Insurance (2010)
- 2010: A Courtroom Odyssey, Effective Use of Technology at Trial, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2010, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar
- Legislative Update 2010 to CPCU (2010)
- Tort Law Update, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2009, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar (2009)
- Best Practices Investigation: The Trucking Accident Claim, Texas Insurance Update, Texas Department of Insurance, (2009)
- Best Practices Investigation Following a Catastrophic Accident, Texas Insurance Update, Texas Department of Insurance, (2008)
- ECMs, SDMs, and RCMs: To Do or Not to Do: Downloading OnBoard Vehicle Diagnostics, Texas Insurance Update, Texas Department of Insurance, (2008)
- The Big Four Against the Big Three: The Predominant Allegations in Automotive Product Liability Litigation, Prosecuting and Defending the Auto and Trucking Accident Case, State Bar of Texas, (2007)
- What Do We Do Now? Investigating and Defending the Trucking Accident Case, Texas Department of Insurance Continuing Legal Education (2007)
- It’s Been Four Years: Medical Liability After HB4, Texas Department of Insurance Continuing Legal Education (2007)
- Named a 2010-2013 Super Lawyer - Rising Star by Law & Politics magazine.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2000, Dean’s Scholar
- Marquette University, B.S., 1997, Biological Sciences, Presidential Scholar
- Texas, 2000
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas