- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 1977, Southwestern Law Journal
- Dartmouth College, B.A., 1973, Government
- Texas, 1977
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas, 1977
- United States District Court Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8212 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Bill Radford represents clients in securities and commercial litigation matters, involving a wide variety of business litigation issues, including securities fraud, director and officer liability, fiduciary duties, antitrust, business torts, trade secrets, unfair competition, bank litigation, and professional liability.
Bill has substantial experience in the trial of jury and non-jury cases in both federal and state courts, as well as appellate arguments in those courts. In addition to his litigation practice, he regularly represents clients in arbitration proceedings before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). Bill has defended broker-dealers, registered representatives, and financial advisors from suitability, fraud, failure to supervise, “selling away,” and churning claims brought in FINRA arbitrations, as well as litigation. He also represents clients in investigations and proceedings brought by state and federal regulators, and FINRA.
Bill serves as Chairman of the Securities Litigation (D&O Liability) practice group.
- Represented large broker-dealer in resolving multiple lawsuits and arbitrations involving similar transactions and fraud and 10b-5 claims of over six hundred claimants.
- Represented broker-dealers in suit brought against numerous defendants alleging conspiracy and manipulative conduct in connection with naked short selling of securities, resulting in dismissal of clients.
- Represented broker-dealers and registered representatives in defending arbitrations involving suitability claims asserted by retired investors.
- Obtained defense verdict for individual and corporate defendants in two-week jury trial against claims of fraud, breach of fiduciary duties and oppression of minority shareholder.
- Obtained defense verdict for individual and corporate defendants in five-week jury trial involving alleged oral partnership and claims of fraud and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Obtained defense verdict for individual and corporate defendants in jury trial involving claims of trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition.
- Represented economists who constructed computer model of sector of U.S. economy for use in forecasting effects of policy decisions in suit by party for whom model was constructed alleging various deficiencies with the model. Case involved in depth examination of the way economic computer models are constructed.
- Represented county governmental unit in two week non-jury trial concerning disputed location of boundary line with adjoining county.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Member of Dallas Bar Association, Business Litigation and Appellate Sections
- Member of Professional Liability Underwriters Society
- “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Law & Politics magazine's Texas Super Lawyers® - Super Lawyer for Business Litigation – 2011 - 2012
- Super Lawyers Business Edition - 2013