- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 1992, Phi Delta Phi
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1989, English
- Texas, 1992
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth, Seventh, Ninth and Tenth Circuits
Austin, Texas 78701
512-703-5078 direct | 512-708-8777 fax
Wade Crosnoe specializes in civil appeals and mandamus proceedings in Texas state courts and federal courts across the country. He also assists trial counsel in preserving error for appeal in trial court proceedings, including at the jury charge conference and in pretrial, trial, and post-trial motions.
Wade is Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has been repeatedly named a “Super Lawyer” by Law & Politics magazine.
- Represented a general contractor in an appeal in which the Supreme Court of Texas reversed and rendered judgment for the contractor, concluding that it owed no duty to the plaintiff for an allegedly dangerous condition created by work that complied with the construction contract.
- Represented an insurance company in a mandamus proceeding in which the Supreme Court of Texas vacated the district court’s order denying the insurer’s motion to compel arbitration and ordered the case to arbitration.
- Represented a Dallas property management company in an appeal in which the Supreme Court of Texas reversed a $1.2 million default judgment against the company and rendered judgment that the plaintiffs take nothing.
- Represented a large, national insurance company in an appeal in which the Supreme Court of Texas reversed an award of attorney’s fees to the plaintiff under the Prompt Payment of Claims statute.
- Represented large insurers in appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in which the court affirmed a civil RICO judgment for the insurers of approximately $4 million.
- Represented reinsurer in appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in which the court affirmed a judgment of $16.5 million for reinsurer based on tortious interference claim, and reversed and remanded district court’s grant of summary judgment against reinsurer on other claims.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in a mandamus proceeding in which the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ordered the district court to dismiss a group of product liability cases based on forum non conveniens.
- Represented a national insurance company in an appeal where the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit reversed the district court's ruling that a food-poisoning incident resulted from multiple occurrences, resulting in a $1 million redaction in the judgment.
- Represented a large, multinational insurance company in an appeal in which the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit affirmed the district court’s judgment declaring that the company had no duty to indemnify its insured for a settlement of over $6 million.
- Represented a car dealership in an appeal in a wrongful death/personal injury case in which the Tyler Court of Appeals reversed a $5.1 million judgment in favor of the plaintiffs and rendered judgment that the plaintiffs take nothing.
- Represented an insurance company in an appeal in a bad faith case in which the Fort Worth Court of Appeals reversed a punitive-damages award of $3.5 million against the insurer and rendered judgment against the plaintiffs on their punitive-damages claim.
- Represented a Dallas law firm in an appeal in which the Dallas Court of Appeals reversed the trial court’s judgment notwithstanding the verdict and reinstated the jury’s verdict for the law firm on its claim against its former client to recover unpaid fees as well as the client’s counterclaims for malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented chairman of the board and general counsel of Dallas-based corporation in a mandamus proceeding in which the Dallas Court of Appeals vacated the district court’s order denying their motion to compel arbitration and ordered the case to arbitration.
- Prepared and filed amicus briefs in Texas appellate courts on behalf of various insurance industry trade groups in numerous cases of interest to those groups.
Professional and Community Activities
- Chair, Austin Bar Association Civil Appellate Section, May 2010 – May 2011
- Presiding Officer at the UT State and Federal Appeals Seminar in Austin, June 4th, 2010
- Austin Bar Association Civil Appellate Section, Secretary-Treasurer, May 2008 – May 2009
- Austin Bar Association Civil Appellate Section, Council Member, May 2006 – May 2008
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Third Court of Appeals Pro Bono Pilot Committee Member, 2008 – 2010
Speeches and Presentations
- Moderator, Panel Discussion of Third Court of Appeals Justices, Austin Bar Association Bench Bar Conference, April 4, 2014
- Avoiding and Overcoming Post-Argument Remorse, UT Conference on State and Federal Appeals, June 14, 2013
- Appeal Basics: What Every Attorney Should Know, Solo and Small Firm Section of the Austin Bar Association, August 25, 2005
- Preserving Summary Judgment Error for Appeal, Civil Appellate Section of the Austin Bar Association, September 16, 2004
- Preserving Summary Judgment Error for Appeal, Civil Appellate Section of the Dallas Bar Association, May 15, 2003
- Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1999-present
- Named in Law & Politics magazine's Texas Super Lawyers® - Super Lawyers list for Appellate, 2003-04, 2006-15
- “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.