- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2009
- University of Southern California, B.S., 2002, Public Policy and Management
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8241 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Tommy Horan is an experienced litigator specializing in the defense of architects, attorneys, insurance agents, real estate agents, and accountants. He also defends premises liability claims and handles complex commercial litigation. Comfortable with multimillion dollar claims down to simple two party disputes, Tommy approaches every case with the same goal: a quick, efficient and advantageous resolution for his clients.
Tommy understands that for many clients a lawsuit can be confusing and even frightening at times. He prides himself on being available to his clients and making sure that they are informed every step of the way and involved in the defense.
Before joining Thompson Coe, Tommy served as an Assistant District Attorney in Rockwall County where he gained extensive trial experience and was Chief of the Misdemeanor Division.
- Obtained dismissal of a lawsuit alleging a real estate agent tortiously interfered with an exclusive listing agreement.
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit alleging family law lawyer mishandled legal matter and violated numerous disciplinary rules.
- Obtained dismissal of alleged housing discrimination complaint filed with the Texas Workforce Commission Civil Rights & Discrimination against a real estate agent.
- Obtained summary judgment for lawyer alleged to have mishandled multi-million dollar personal injury matter.
- Represented lawyers in grievance proceedings before the State Bar of Texas.
- Obtained take nothing judgment for clients in a $13 million legal malpractice case after three week trial.
- Obtained dismissal of declaratory judgment against a large homeowners’ association.
- Obtained summary judgment for commercial litigation lawyer alleged to have committed malpractice in the handling of his client’s business formation documents.
- First and second chair trial experience in over 50 criminal jury trials and trials before the court.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- William “Mac’ Taylor Inn of Court
- USC Alumni Club of North Texas
- Watermark Community Church
Speeches and Presentations
- “Avoiding Legal Malpractice,” presented for the family law section of a large regional law firm, February 2016.
- “Legal Malpractice & Grievances (or Things That Can Ruin A Lawyer’s Day),” presented for the Rockwall Bar Association, April 15, 2016.