Stephanie Massey’s practice focuses primarily on civil litigation and the representation of personal and commercial lines insurance carriers in first-party property and contract claims, bad faith litigation, and coverage disputes. In addition, Stephanie has experience representing commercial and individual clients in lawsuits based on breach of contract, premises liability, dram shop liability, and products liability.
- Obtained summary judgment for a national insurance carrier in lawsuit asserting claims for bad faith and breach of contract under a forced-placed coverage insurance policy after Hurricane Ike.
- Obtained directed verdict in favor of a national insurance carrier’s adjuster in lawsuit asserting claims for bad faith.
- Obtained defense verdict in a contract litigation bench trial.
- Obtained summary judgment for a national insurance carrier in lawsuit asserting bad faith and DTPA violations.
- Sat second chair in a multi-million dollar lawsuit involving bad faith and DTPA claims against a national insurance carrier.
- Mediated numerous bad faith matters.
Professional and Community Activities
- Adjunct Professor of Advocacy at South Texas College of Law
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Junior League of Houston
Speeches and Presentations
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2008, Dean's Honor List, National Moot Court Champion, Heart of the Advocate Award
- The University of Texas, B.A., 2005, Journalism
- Texas, 2008
- United States District Court Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas