- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 2010, Dean’s Academic Merit Full-Tuition Scholarship; 2008-2009 ABA Client Counseling Regional Competition, Champion; and Order of the Barristers.
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2007, Psychology, with Honors
- Texas, 2010
- United States District Court Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8226 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Sean Hicks is a civil litigator and trial lawyer that focuses his practice primarily on defending insurance carriers, insured individuals and other business entities in personal injury, premises liability, construction defect, contract disputes, Texas non-subscriber, products liability, and dram shop liability disputes. He has experience in all aspects of civil litigation, including depositions, complex discovery, mediations, trials, and arbitrations.
- Obtained defense verdict in Texas non-subscriber personal injury lawsuit on behalf of Fortune 500 company.
- Obtained defense verdict in Texas non-subscriber personal injury lawsuit on behalf of major U.S. retailer.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national retail chain in a premises liability negligence case in Dallas County, Texas. The trial court’s decision was upheld on appeal.
- Successfully compelled arbitration in multiple Texas non-subscriber cases in El Paso County, Texas.
- Successfully negotiated favorable settlements in numerous personal injury, dram shop, contract and commercial disputes.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of Dallas commercial real estate company in contract dispute with premises owner.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of Dallas grocery store chain in multiple slip and fall disputes where the plaintiffs were seeking six figure damages awards.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Special Olympics, Basketball Coach
Speeches and Presentations
“Recovery Of Exemplary Damages Against An Employer For A Work-Related Death: Could The Courts Be Any Less Clear?” (14th Annual Texas Insurance Law Update—October 16, 2015).
- Received the 2016 T-Coe Iron Ward for “Best Actor (i.e., Dallas Associate of the Year.