- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 2008
- St. Edward's University, B.A., 2001, Sociology
- Texas, 2008
- New Mexico, 2009
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
Austin, Texas 78701
512-703-5076 direct | 512-708-8777 fax
Sean Crowley’s practice focuses on defending catastrophic injury and wrongful death claims, including: trucking accidents, product liability, premises liability, construction site injuries, construction defects, automobile accidents, and professional liability claims. Sean is an experienced trial lawyer taking an efficient approach to litigating cases.
Sean has represented numerous businesses and individuals in wrongful death and catastrophic injury claims, including premises owners, product designers and manufacturers, general contractors and subcontractors, trucking companies, and hotels. Sean has defended cases involving road construction, electrical system installation, HVAC and plumbing work, and construction defect claims. Other cases include defending businesses from subrogation or contribution claims in property damage situations and claims against non-subscription employers.
Sean’s professional liability practice is focused on representing lawyers in malpractice or breach of fiduciary duty claims. Sean has defended lawyers in several areas of practice including: bankruptcy, family, foreclosure and real estate law.
Sean is also licensed in New Mexico where he has defended several catastrophic injury claims.
- Wrongful Death
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Breach of Fidcuiary Duty
- Legal Malpractice
- Defend 18 wheeler cases/commercial motor vehicle cases
- Wrongful Death
- Catastrophic Injury Cases – including amputation and paralysis cases
- Construction site/Workplace Injuries
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Texas Non-Subscriber cases
- Property damage/Subrogation Defense
- Obtained complete defense award in a slip and fall arbitration for a non-subscribing employer
- Obtained defense verdict (favorable verdict) in wrongful death case involving a pedestrian
- Obtained defense verdict (favorable verdict) in a personal injury case where the Plaintiff claimed traumatic brain injury due to be struck by a closing elevator door
- Obtained judgment notwithstanding the verdict in legal malpractice case after trying the case to verdict
- Obtained summary judgment for national company in traumatic brain injury case for negligent hiring, entrustment, and supervison claims
- Obtained summary judgment for landlord under Chapter 93 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code
- Obtained summary judgment in premises liability case for roofing contractor alleged to have created a leak leading to the plainitff’s fall in a retail store
- Obtained summary judgment in premises liability case for contractor at a semiconductor facility alleged to have conducted faulty maintenance leading to a developer leak.
- Obtained summary judgment for local hotel where hotel guest alleged sexual assault against hotel employees
- Obtained summary judgment in products liability action where the plaintiff claimed a product defect led to his motorcycle accident
- Nonsuit filed by plaintiff after moving for summary judgment in case involving an apartment fire where plaintiff alleged the property owner created conditions for fire to start and spread
- Nonsuit filed by Plaintiff after summary judgment filed for local car dealership alleged to have entrusted a vehicle to a person who later was intoxicated and involved in accident
Professional and Community Activities
- Texas Bar Foundation, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section
- Austin Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- New Mexico Bar Association
Speeches and Presentations
TC Monthly Webinarr: Factoring Companies: An End-Around the Paid or Incurred Statute or Just Another Trick Play? – Dec. 8, 2015.