Sean Clemmensen represents insurance carriers in matters involving commercial general liability and commercial and personal auto liability policies, including first-party property and contract claims, bad faith litigation, Stowers and other extra-contractual litigation, and coverage disputes. His practice also includes evaluating and defending homeowners claims related to catastrophic loss in the Texas Gulf Region and surrounding areas.
In addition, Sean has experience in representing commercial and individual clients in lawsuits based on breach of contract, construction defects, premises liability, products liability, and subrogation.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of an automobile insurer in a lawsuit involving underinsured motorist, breach of contract, and bad faith claims.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of automobile insurer declaring that there is no liability coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, personal injury protection coverage, duty to defend, duty to indemnify, and comprehensive/collision coverage afforded to the insured based on named driver exclusion endorsement to personal auto policy.
- Obtained dismissal in favor of insurance carrier in federal court on Plaintiffs’ claims for violations of Sections 541 and 542 of the Texas Insurance Code, breach of the duty of good faith and fair dealing, and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of automobile insurer on claims involving uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, breach of contract, and bad faith based on named driver exclusion endorsement to personal auto policy.
- Obtained directed verdict at trial in favor of insurance agent on breach of contract claim.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of automobile insurer on claims involving underinsured motorist coverage, breach of contract, and bad faith post-Brainard v. Trinity Univ. Ins. Co.
- Represented independent adjusting company and its adjusters in multiple Hurricane Ike and Rita lawsuits in the Texas Gulf Region and surrounding areas.
- Represented Fortune 1000 insurance company in lawsuits involving coverage-related and bad faith litigation.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers–2011-12 Leadership Class, Life Fellow
- Dallas Bar Association
- Chair, Law Student Assistance Committee, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Dallas Bar Association’s Teaching Law in the Community Program
- Co-Chair, Lone Star Wind Orchestra Development Committee
Speeches and Presentations
- Contractual Liability Exclusion In CGL Policy, Law360, Frank M. Kennedy & Sean A. Clemmensen, July 23, 2010
- Named a 2013 Super Lawyer - Rising Star by Law & Politics magazine.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D., 2008, Transportation Law Journal, American Jurisprudence Awards in Antitrust and Constitutional Law
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., 2005, Political Science, Dean’s List, Mustang Award Scholarship recipient, Psi Chi National Honor Society
- Texas, 2008
- United States District Court Northern, Eastern and Southern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas