Sarah Rogers devotes her practice to civil litigation with an emphasis on personal injury, dram shop, products liability, Deceptive Trade Practices Act claims, and contract disputes. Sarah has represented national companies, local business owners, product manufacturers and distributors, premises owners, general contractors, and subcontractors in numerous complex, multi-party cases in various state and federal jurisdictions across Texas.
Sarah’s work in the restaurant, hotel and hospitality industry includes representation of national restaurant chains and nation hotel chains for premises liability and dram shop. In all of her cases, Sarah provides swift investigation and evaluation of the facts in order to provide her clients with cost-effective and practical advice.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of local apartment complex owner and management company on personal injury claim brought by the employee of a subcontractor.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of building manager on personal injury claim brought by a building tenant's employee.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a small business owner on negligent entrustment claim.
- Obtained jury verdict arising out of a plaintiff’s property damage claim under the Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a local business on breach of contract and fraud/misrepresentation claims.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of general contractor/facility owner on personal injury claim brought by subcontractor.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a mall’s security company on the shopkeeper’s privilege.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a TXDOT subcontractor in a personal injury case.
- Blocked plaintiff’s access to a defendant’s trade secret formula in a products liability case.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of national company and its employee in a substantial claim for damages for defamation, misappropriation of trade secret, unfair competition and negligent hiring, supervision and retention, brought by a competitive company.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, President-Elect 2012, Vice-President 2011, Treasurer 2010, Secretary 2009, Board of Directors 2008, Leadership Class 2005, Co-Chair of Law Student Assistance Committee; Co-Chair of Teen Leadership Academy Committee
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Secretary 2011-2012, District Representative 2009-2011; Co-Creater of Office in a Flash 2010; Ten Minute Mentor Goes to Law School Committee, 2008-2009
- Committee for a Qualified Judiciary, Member
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- DBA/DAYL E-Mentoring Program from 2006 – 2009
Speeches and Presentations
- Moderator, What To Do and What Not to Do During your Summer Clerkship, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2008
- Moderator, Alternatives to a Big Firm Practice, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2006 – 2008, Texas Wesleyan Law School, 2008
- Moderator, Litigation Practice Seminar, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2007
- Procedural Application of “Paid or Incurred” – published in May 2009 TYLA e-News
- Named a 2012 Super Lawyer - Rising Star by Law & Politics magazine
- Texas Young Lawyers Association - President’s Award of Merit, June 2011
- Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, January 1, 2011
- Received the "President's Award of Merit" from Texas Association of Young Lawyers, June 1, 2010
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2004, cum laude, Managing Editor Journal of Air Law and Commerce, Summer at Oxford University, Jessup International Law Moot Court Team
- Texas Christian University, B.B.A., 2000, Finance, magna cum laude, Director and Facilitator for Texas Christian University Frog Camp program
- Texas, 2004
- United States District Court Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas