- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2004, cum laude, Managing Editor Journal of Air Law and Commerce, Summer at Oxford University, Jessup International Law Moot Court Team
- Texas Christian University, B.B.A., 2000, Finance, magna cum laude, Director and Facilitator for Texas Christian University Frog Camp program
- Texas, 2004
- United States District Court Northern, Eastern and Southern District of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8264 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Sarah Rogers devotes her practice to civil litigation with an emphasis on personal injury, dram shop, products liability, Deceptive Trade Practices Act claims, and contract disputes. Sarah has represented national companies, local business owners, product manufacturers and distributors, premises owners, general contractors, and subcontractors in numerous complex, multi-party cases in various state and federal jurisdictions across Texas.
Sarah’s work in the restaurant, hotel and hospitality industry includes representation of national restaurant chains and nation hotel chains for premises liability and dram shop. In all of her cases, Sarah provides swift investigation and evaluation of the facts in order to provide her clients with cost-effective and practical advice.
- Obtained complete defense verdict in favor of a national restaurant chain on a personal injury claim in Cameron County, Texas
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of local apartment complex owner and management company on personal injury claim brought by the employee of a subcontractor.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of building manager on personal injury claim brought by a building tenant's employee.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a small business owner on negligent entrustment claim.
- Obtained jury verdict arising out of a plaintiff’s property damage claim under the Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a local business on breach of contract and fraud/misrepresentation claims.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of general contractor/facility owner on personal injury claim brought by subcontractor.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a mall’s security company on the shopkeeper’s privilege.
- Blocked plaintiff’s access to a defendant’s trade secret formula in a products liability case.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of national company and its employee in a substantial claim for damages for defamation, misappropriation of trade secret, unfair competition and negligent hiring, supervision and retention, brought by a competitive company.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association – Board of Directors, VP of Membership, 2017; Director at Large, 2016
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, President 2013, President-Elect 2012, Vice-President 2011, Treasurer 2010, Secretary 2009, Board of Directors 2008, Leadership Class 2005, Co-Chair of Law Student Assistance Committee; Co-Chair of Teen Leadership Academy Committee
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Secretary 2011-2012, District Representative 2009-2011; Co-Creater of Office in a Flash 2010; Ten Minute Mentor Goes to Law School Committee, 2008-2009
- Committee for a Qualified Judiciary, Member
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- DBA/DAYL E-Mentoring Program from 2006 – 2009
Speeches and Presentations
- Protecting Your Business: The Role of Insurance, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Small Business Symposium, June 20, 2016.
- Trial Practice Tips and Preserving Appeals - Speaker, ABA YLD Midyear Meeting, Chicago, IL, February 7, 2014
- Sanctions and Bad Behavior: What are the causes and what can we do about it? - Speaker, Dallas Bar Association Bench Bar Conference, September 25, 2013; Dallas Bar Association Professionalism Panel, May 2, 2013
- Liquor and the Law: Legal Issues Relating to the Sale of Alcohol - Moderator, ABA YLD Mid-Year Meeting, Dallas, Texas - February 8, 2013
- Moderator, What To Do and What Not to Do During your Summer Clerkship, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2008
- Moderator, Alternatives to a Big Firm Practice, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2006 – 2008, Texas Wesleyan Law School, 2008
- Moderator, Litigation Practice Seminar, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2007
- Procedural Application of “Paid or Incurred” – published in May 2009 TYLA e-News
- 2017 Best Lawyers in Dallas, Tort: Personal Injury, Product and Medical Liability (Defense), D Magazine
- Named a 2012-2017 Super Lawyer - Rising Star by Law & Politics magazine
- Texas Young Lawyers Association - President’s Award of Merit, June 2011
- Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, January 1, 2011
- Received the "President's Award of Merit" from Texas Association of Young Lawyers, June 1, 2010