Bob Lamb handles most aspects of insurance litigation, including large commercial property losses, environmental-coverage claims, and claims involving allegations of breach of an insurer’s duty of good faith and fair dealing.
Bob is a speaker at continuing-education events for adjusters and lawyers on these topics, as well as other insurance-related subjects such claims-handling techniques, and giving of depositions.
- Represented three excess carriers in a declaratory judgment action against casino and its general contractor and subcontractors seeking a declaration that the excess carriers had no liability for losses.
- Defended primary property insurance carrier in a suit arising from a large fire.
- Defended the second layer excess property insurance carrier with regard to damages suffered by nine apartment complexes along the Mississippi Gulf coast caused by Hurricane Katrina.
- Represented insurance company with regard to coverage issues arising from a fire in a high-rise office building in Houston, Texas.
- Represented primary property insurance carrier with regard to major fire at a mid-rise office building in Houston, Texas.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Dallas Bar Association
- United States Air Force, judge advocate, four years the last two of which were spent as the claims officer at Eglin Air Force Base, Florida
Speeches and Presentations
- "Appraisal Update" Thompson Coe's 11th Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments, October 25, 2012
- "A Message From the Supreme Court: When in Doubt, Appraise" for Thompson Coe's 9th Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments, May 6, 2010
- “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell.
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 1969
- Baylor University, B.B.A., 1967, Business
- Texas, 1969
- All State and District Courts Texas
- All Federal District Courts Texas
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit