- St. Mary's University School of Law, 2010
- The University of Texas at San Antonio, 2007
- Texas, 2010
- United States District Court Western and Southern Districts Texas
Austin, Texas 78701
512-827-2308 direct | 512-708-8777 fax
Robert A. House represents insurance carriers in bad faith, breach of contract, deceptive trade practice, and insurance code violation claims.
He was staff counsel for a Fortune 500 insurance company and a trial lawyer for a prominent litigation firm in Corpus Christi, Texas. His experience includes property and casualty, life, and health insurance policies. Advising and supporting agents, adjusters, and insureds in and through insuring of risks, the claims process, litigation, settlement, judgment and post-judgment matters.
Robert’s creativity and understanding of the law has benefited his clients in many favorable settlements and verdicts at the courthouse.
- Obtained a summary judgment for a homeowners association and its board members on Deceptive Trade Practice Act, Breach of Contract, Violations of Texas Property Code, Breach of Covenants, and Negligence claims
- Negotiated favorable settlement in a wrongful death and personal injury case involving a 6-vehicle collision with two killed and others seriously injured
- Obtained defense verdict in a personal injury case where the Plaintiff claimed injuries from a rear-end collision and a resulting neck surgery
- Obtained summary judgment and affirmance at the appellate court on behalf of a landscaping company in a personal injury case in Travis County
- Successfully defended many lawsuits through jury trial involving personal injuries arising out of motor vehicle collisions
- Defended a subcontractor in construction defects lawsuit with allegations of water penetration and structural deficiencies which concluded with a confidential settlement agreement at mediation
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, American Bar Association