Richard Geiger’s practice focuses on the representation of insurance companies and insurance trade associations before the legislature, the Commissioner of Insurance, the Texas Department of Insurance, as well as generally representing and advising insurance companies, trade associations and other industry organizations.
From 1973 to 1977, Richard served in the Texas House of Representatives. During his two terms in the legislature, he served as a delegate to the Texas Constitutional Convention in 1974 and served on the Committees on State Affairs, Transportation, Public Health, and Elections.
Richard is recognized as a leading attorney in Chambers and Partner's as a Leading Lawyer in America for Insurance.
- General Counsel for Insurance Council of Texas, a trade association for property/casualty insurance companies.
- General Counsel for Texas Automobile Insurance Plan Association, a corporate body created by statute to provide a means for Texas drivers to obtain basic limits auto liability insurance when it is unavailable to them in the voluntary market.
Professional and Community Activities
- Since 1985, Member of the Board of Directors of Texas Legal Protection Plan, a non-profit corporation sponsored by the State Bar of Texas to provide pre-paid legal protection on a group basis. Chairman of the Board 2004-2008
- Since 1995, Member of the Board of Directors of the Dallas Zoological Society, a non-profit corporation providing support for the operation of the City of Dallas Zoo.
- Since 1999, Member of the Board of Directors of Home Health Services of Texas, a non-profit corporation providing Medicare Services for eligible participants. Chairman of the Board 2007-present.
- Since 2006, Member of the Board of Directors of Turtle Creek Association, a non-profit corporation providing support and financial assistance to the Turtle Creek neighborhood and parks.
- Since 1973, Member of the Board of Trustees of the Adamson Foundation, a non-profit corporation providing grants to students of W. H. Adamson High School in Dallas.
Speeches and Presentations
- Nominated by peers to The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 as a Lawyer of the Year in Insurance Law. (Copyright 2012 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC)
- Chambers and Partner's, named as a Leading Lawyers in America for 2003-2012
- “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, LL.B., 1962
- Texas, 1962
- United States Supreme Court, 1968