- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2003
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2000, Government and English
- Texas, 2003
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit, 2004
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8291 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Rachael Walters represents clients in litigation matters involving personal injury and death, non-subscriber liability, property damage, healthcare liability, breach of contract, directors and officers liability, and employment discrimination.
Her clients range in size from small business owners to multi-national corporations, including retailers, restaurants, home and community based service providers, religious organizations, apartment complexes, management companies, security service companies, and professional employer organizations.
Rachael’s trial experience includes defending her clients against wrongful death, employment discrimination, breach of contract, deceptive trade practices and non-subscriber claims in both court and in arbitration. She has also had success in obtaining numerous summary judgments on behalf of her clients in employment discrimination, personal injury, breach of contract, wrongful death, and dram shop liability matters.
In the area of employment law, Rachael represents employers in matters involving gender, pregnancy, religious, race, national origin, disability, and age discrimination claims, as well as in matters involving claims of retaliation, breach of employment contracts, and other violations of state and federal statutes. She represents her clients in state and federal courts, before the EEOC, and in arbitration.
- Obtained a defense verdict in the arbitration of an employment claim involving allegations of sexual harassement, gender discrimination, and retaliation.
- Obtained defense verdict in the arbitration of a non-subscriber claim involving the death of an employee of a national retail store.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national security services company in an employment discrimination matter involving claims of discrimination based on race and national origin; harassment/hostile work environment; and retaliation.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national security services company in an employment discrimination matter involving claims of discrimination based on disability and retaliation.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national retail store in a premises liability matter where the plaintiff sought $7.5 million in damages. See Maria Korotney v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2008 WL 4361249 (E.D. Tex. Sept. 19, 2008)
- Obtained summary judgment, and defended the District Court’s ruling at the appellate level, against claims for violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, negligence and breach of contract in a suit involving extensive property damage to plaintiffs’ residence. See Richard Presley and Tina Presley v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 2008 WL 820318 (Tex. App. - Fort Worth March 27, 2008)
- Obtained defense verdict in a jury trial involving breach of contract, breach of warranty, fraud, conspiracy and Deceptive Trade Practices Act claims in a matter involving an alleged defective product.
- Obtained summary judgment for a bar in a Dram Shop liability matter where the plaintiff’s son was killed in an automobile accident.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial on behalf of a creditor against breach of contract, Deceptive Trade Practices Act, fraud, and negligence claims.
- Obtained summary judgment in an Oklahoma federal court on behalf of a national security services company in an employment discrimination matter involving claims of discrimination based on national origin and breach of implied employment contract. See Moses Newman v. Burns International Pinkerton Securitas, 2008 WL 356879 (N.D. Okla. Feb. 7, 2008).
- Obtained favorable rulings and dismissals on behalf of numerous employers against Charges of Discrimination filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Texas Workforce Commission.
- Negotiated favorable settlements on behalf of numerous clients in matters involving property damage, personal injury, Fair Housing discrimination, employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association, Co-Chair of Service Committee (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Dallas Diversity Task Force, 2009
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Co-Chair of Judicial Intern Committee (2013)
- Law & Politics magazine's 2012-2017 Texas Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars list.