- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2011
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2007, cum laude in History, Phi Alpha Theta (History Honors), Phi Kappa Phi (Government Honors)
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Texas
Austin, Texas 78701
512-703-5039 direct | 512-708-8777 fax
Nicolas Gavrizi’s practice is focused primarily on defending general contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals against claims stemming from construction defects, contract disputes, and personal injuries. He represents businesses and individuals in state and federal courts across Texas.
During law school, Nicolas served as a Judicial Intern for Federal Magistrate Judge Andrew Austin in the U.S. Western District of Texas, as the President of the Texas Real Estate Law Student Group, and as a contributing member and author on the Texas Environmental Law Journal.
- Obtained traditional summary judgment for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineer in complex construction defect suit.
- Obtained summary judgment for general contractor in construction defect suit.
- Obtained summary judgment for general contractor in serious personal injury suit occurring on an oil and gas well site.
- Obtained summary judgment for Italian lighting company in complex contractual dispute: Maxwell v. Neri N. Am., 4:13-CV-269, 2014 WL 2441200, at *1 (S.D. Tex. May 30, 2014).
- Obtained summary judgment for law firm in legal malpractice suit.
- Obtained summary judgment for insurance company on an appeal of a workers’ compensation appeals panel decision.
- Obtained summary judgment for business on a claim for breach of a non-compete.
- Obtained summary judgment for boom lift manufacturer in products liability suit.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of Austin Bar Association (Construction Law Section)
- Member of Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Barrister with the Barbara Jordan American Inn of Court
Speeches and Presentations
- Managing Engineering Liability and Risk, July 13, 2016, HalfMoon Seminars for Texas Civil and Structural Engineers