- University of St. Thomas, B.A., 2006, Business Law, magna cum laude
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, J.D., 2009, cum laude
408 St. Peter Street, Suite 510
The Historic Hamm Building
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55102
651-389-5010 direct | 651-389-5099 fax
Megan's practice with Thompson Coe includes advising and assisting clients with written and oral discovery in products liability and mass tort litigation. She works closely with the national discovery counsel for a Fortune 100 company. Megan also works with businesses on HR-related issues by counseling on litigation avoidance strategies, representing businesses against claims submitted to government agencies, and assisting with litigation defense.
Prior to joining Thompson Coe, Megan represented a number of large insurance companies in first- and third-party actions. She has significant experience defending insurance companies in Minnesota No-Fault arbitration proceedings, as well as underinsured/uninsured motorist claims. Megan also has substantial experience defending insureds in auto, property & casualty, and construction defect cases. She has assisted in claim investigations, provided coverage opinions, and represented clients at nearly all stages of litigation.
- Represented Fortune 500 insurance companies and their insureds in bodily injury, wrongful death, excess coverage, and construction defect lawsuits, having conducted discovery, taken in excess of 100 depositions of parties and witnesses, and written and argued motions ranging from motions to compel to post-trial motions in auto, property & casualty, and construction defect cases.
- Successfully defended Fortune 500 insurance companies in more than 100 No-Fault Arbitration proceedings.
- Assisted in claim analysis and policy coverage determinations for two Fortune 200 insurance companies, with coverage determinations specifically focused on fraud and misrepresentation and involving conducting Examinations Under Oath.
- Represented two Fortune 200 insurance companies in numerous declaratory judgment actions involving insurance coverage disputes for No-Fault benefits, obtaining declarations of no coverage through motion practice in nearly all cases.
- Obtained summary judgment in two wrongful death auto accident cases based on causation.
- Obtained summary judgment in a personal injury and related property case based on governmental immunity, as well as earning a dismissal of associated criminal charges for the insured.
- Obtained a dismissal in a property & casualty case involving a claim for trespass to property.
- Successfully defended against motions for punitive damages in auto accident cases.
- Judicial law clerk for the Hon. Mary DuFresne, 2012-2013.
- Judicial law clerk for the Hon. Donald Rysavy and Fred Wellmann, 2010-2012.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member, Ramsey County Bar Association
- Member, St. Paul Area Chamber of Commerce
- President, Mower County Bar Association, 2011-2012
Speeches and Presentations
- Dec. 2015, PIP Fraud Training Seminar - A MN No-Fault Primer, LaBore Giuliani & Viltoft Ltd.