- The University of Texas School of Law, LL.M., 2015
- Northeastern University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Tufts University, 2002
- Texas, 2013
- New York, 2009
- Florida, 2008
- United States District Court Eastern District of Texas
Houston, Texas 77056
713-403-8219 direct | 713-403-8299 fax
Mark Nawfal has litigation experience in the U.S. and broad experience representing U.S. and European corporate clients in the Middle East. In the U.S. he has prosecuted criminal cases with the State Attorney’s Office in Miami, Florida, and worked with a civil litigation firm in New York City. Internationally, he has overseen and directed litigation strategy for several cross border trials and settlement negotiations involving product liability, commercial and corporate disputes and trademark infringement.
- Part of a team bringing suit in NY Court of Appeals against US multinational bank for breach of fiduciary duty in wasting trust fund assets of wealthy family over several generations.
- Worked with Fortune 100 Pharmaceutical company in defending a product liability suit alleging failure of arterial stent that resulted in near death of patient.
- Oversaw and directed trademark infringement litigation throughout the Middle East and North Africa for US and European manufacturing and clothing designer companies.
- Represented one of five largest logistics companies worldwide in disputes with United Nations regarding warehouse storage and transportation of food products for UN military envoys in Africa.
- On behalf of corporate client facing suit in US District Court for the Northern District of Georgia for breach of contract, violation of False Claims Act and illegal rebate/kickbacks allegations, advised local partners on procedures for removal of client from Washington’s EPLS (Excluded Parties List System), including advising with respect to Federal Acquisition Regulation and Defense Logistics Agency regulation for reinstatement of client’s status for eligibility to qualify for US government bids.
- Assisted in the representation of client in New York County Surrogates Court in probate dispute valued at several million dollars. Resulted in favorable settlement to client.
- Pursued 5k1 plea negotiations on behalf of a client charged by US Department of Justice with antitrust violations and mail and wire fraud for alleged bid rigging activities on behalf of US oil companies.
- Advised real estate investor on contractual rights and litigation options for withdrawing his invested funds from large high rise real estate project after dispute with the managing executive of the project. After negotiations with managing executive of the fund achieved return in full of all investments.
- Assisted NY fashion designer in dissolving restrictive partnership agreement with investing partner.
- Advised a branch of a four star international hotel chain in dispute with local partners regarding terms of management agreement.
- Oversaw extensive trial litigation followed by appeal in Germany for breach of contractual duties between partners that led to the dissolution of a renowned cosmetics brand.
- Led a team in representing large logistics company in partnership with German recycling technology company in negotiations directly with a Minister of Environment in Middle East for construction of waste to energy power plant and for the handling of the collection and disposal of country’s hazardous medical waste.
- Assisted client in putting forth a bid with Kuwait National Petroleum Company for freight forwarding, custom clearance and transportation services.
- On behalf of international insurance company, drafted transfer of know how agreements, management agreements, franchise and licensing agreements.
- Negotiated a revised Logistics Emergency Team Deployment Agreement between the United Nations World Food Program and five major international logistics providers.
- On behalf of large shopping mall chain, drafted and revised Shareholder Agreements, Management Agreements, BOT agreements and Joint Venture agreements with foreign investors.
- Oversaw and directed litigation for breach of franchise agreements on behalf of local franchisees of European luxury cosmetics brands in Middle East and North Africa.