- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2007, Dean’s List, Case Note Editor SMU International Law Review
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2003, Special Honors in Plan II Honors Program, Phi Beta Kappa, U.S. State Department Intern
- Texas, 2007
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8239 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Lindsey Lawrence’s practice focuses on insurance coverage analysis and representing insurance carriers in coverage disputes and bad faith claims, with a special interest in fine art, specie, wine, and other valuable articles insurance issues.
Lindsey’s practice also involves coverage analysis and litigation in the areas of commercial general liability, commercial property and auto liability, personal lines and private client coverage, and excess and umbrella liability coverage. She handles a variety of commercial claims in both state and federal court, including claims of coverage for construction defects, property damage, pollution losses, employer liability, personal and advertising injury, and oil and gas industry claims. Lindsey Lawrence also defends carriers and adjusters in coverage disputes, bad faith claims, and other issues arising under homeowners’ policies.
- Analyzed coverage for a rare first edition, first printing book dust jacket.
- Obtained dismissal of suit against insurer at initial conference without the need for a summary judgment motion based on lack of coverage evidenced by admissions in the underlying action.
- Bench trial obtaining successful verdict for insurer on the applicability of a named driver policy exclusion.
- Won federal court summary judgments in favor of carriers in property claims, including post-appraisal summary judgments dismissing all contractual and extra-contractual claims after payment of appraisal awards, and in a total disability benefits action.
- Obtained favorable rulings on various plaintiffs’ motions to remand based upon the fraudulent joinder of state resident insurance adjusters.
- Obtained dismissal of a property lawsuit based on lack of capacity of the plaintiff.
- Represented independent adjusting company, adjusters, and insurer in multiple Hurricane Ike and Dolly lawsuits in the Texas Gulf Region and surrounding areas.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association, Art Law Study Group
- Dallas Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts Volunteer
- Dallas Junior League, Placements at Dallas Museum of Art and Dallas Arboretum
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Member and 2013 Leadership Class