Lindsey Lawrence’s practice focuses on insurance coverage disputes and bad faith claims in the areas of commercial general liability, commercial property and auto liability, personal lines, and excess and umbrella liability coverage. She deals with a variety of commercial claims in both state and federal court, including claims of coverage for construction defects, personal and advertising injury, property damage, and oil and gas industry claims. Her practice also includes evaluating and defending against homeowners' claims related to catastrophic hurricane, wind, and hail losses in Texas.
- Obtained federal court summary judgment in favor of carrier in total disability benefits action.
- Represented Fortune 500 insurance company in both state and federal court actions involving coverage-related and bad faith litigation.
- Represented independent adjusting company, adjusters, and insurer in multiple Hurricane Ike and Dolly lawsuits in the Texas Gulf Region and surrounding areas.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- Dallas Bar Association E-Mentoring Committee and Library Committee
- Dallas Bar Association E-mentor to DISD student
- Defense Research Institute
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts Volunteer
- Dallas Junior League, 2012 Dallas Arboretum Volunteer Placement
Speeches and Presentations
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2007, Case Note Editor SMU International Law Review, SMU Civil Clinic Chief Counsel, Dean’s List, SMU-in-Oxford Comparative Law Program
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2003, Special Honors in Plan II Honors Program, Phi Beta Kappa, U.S. State Department Intern, dual major in Plan II and Russian, East European, & Eurasian Studies
- Texas, 2007
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin