Kimberly Snagg practices primarily in the area of civil litigation. Her practice focuses on professional liability and tort claims. Additionally, her practice includes insurance coverage disputes involving breach of contract and bad faith allegations. She represents engineers, doctors, and other healthcare professionals. Kimberly also has an extensive healthcare background. Prior to joining Thompson Coe, she was a Medic in the United States Navy. She is familiar with nursing protocols and ambulatory care procedures. She has prepared for several JCAHO inspections and has received training on HIPAA compliance and EMTALA violations.
- Defended Nurse Practitioner in healthcare liability suit involving allegations of negligence and breach of the standard of care.
- Defended Environmental Professional in negligence suit involving phase I environmental site assessment.
- Defended Security Services Company in a suit alleging negligence and deceptive trade practices.
- Defended Pool Installation Company against claims of negligence, breach of contract, and deceptive trade practices.
- Obtained dismissal of suit on behalf of civil engineer on claim asserted by restaurant owner.
Professional and Community Activities
- Texas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Harris County Republican Party, Precinct Chair 2009-2011
- United States Navy, 1995 - 2002
Speeches and Presentations
- "Location, Location, Location: Placement of Terms Can Really Matter", ABA Section of Litigation/Insurance Coverage, Co-Author
- "If it Ain't Broke . . . .: Texas Lawyers Stick with The Old Rules of Professional Conduct" 2011 Professional Landmen's Association of New Orleans Executive Night Seminar, Co-Authored with Janis Detloff
- "Divine Intervention?: Is There a Prayer for Joint Settlement of Covered Claims In The Wake of Mid-Continent v. Liberty Mutual and Trinity v. Employers Mutual" 15th Annual Texas Insurance Law Symposium, January 20-21, 2011 - Co-Author
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2010, South Texas Law Review, Articles Editor, Phi Delta Phi
- University of Houston, B.A., 2005, English
- Texas, 2010
- United States District Court Northern, Eastern and Southern District of Texas, 2011