John Chambless represents products liability and commercial disputes, including numerous foreign and domestic automobile manufacturers across the state in personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. He also represents several foreign automakers in consumer lawsuits involving breach of warranty, lemon law and deceptive trade practice claims.
John’s experience also includes representation of national and local banks, oil and gas developers, telecommunication providers, and a variety of small businesses in commercial litigation matters.
In addition to trial work, John enjoys an extensive motion practice, including appellate brief drafting in federal and state court. As part of this practice, John has served as an appellate oversight counsel in numerous federal and state court trials. John has tried cases in state and federal court.
- Obtained defense verdict in wrongful death case involving alleged defective automotive scissor jack.
- Obtained defense verdict for Fortune 500 automobile manufacturer in a wrongful death automobile fire case in Waco, Texas.
- Obtained defense verdict for Fortune 500 automobile manufacturer in a wrongful death product liability case in Bastrop, Texas.
- Obtained defense verdict for Fortune 500 automobile manufacturer in a wrongful death vehicle rollover lawsuit.
- Obtained summary judgment, which was upheld on appeal, for a domestic automaker under a relatively obscure limitations provision in the Texas Civil Practices and Remedies Code.
- Obtained one of the first, if not the first, federal court order in Texas allowing the designation, as opposed to joinder, of responsible third parties in federal court case.
Professional and Community Activities
- West Austin Youth Association, soccer coach
- Tarrytown United Methodist Church – Sunday School Teacher
- Meals on Wheels volunteer
- ARC volunteer
- Election Judge
Speeches and Presentations
- Law & Politics magazine's 2005 and 2008 Texas Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars list
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, J.D., 1996, with distinction, Dean’s List, American Jurisprudence Awards (Contracts and Antitrust), American Indian Law Review, Gables and Gotwals Scholarship
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1991
- Texas, 1996
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States District Court Eastern District of Michigan