Jessica G. Johns focuses her practice on defending insured individuals and entities in personal injury actions, including premises owners in slip and trip and fall cases and trucking, delivery and distributor companies in automobile collision cases. Jessica’s practice also includes defending products liability actions resulting from personal injuries and deaths from machinery and manufactured products.
Jessica also represents alcohol providers, product manufacturers and sellers, trucking companies and food and beverage distributors in wrongful death and survival actions. Additionally, she defends product manufacturers, premises owners and nation-wide retailers in multi-party commercial litigation.
Jessica has first-hand trial experience and has obtained summary judgments in district courts.
- Obtained a jury verdict in a wrongful death/dram shop lawsuit in Tarrant County where two people were killed in an automobile accident caused by a drunk driver.
- Obtained complete defense verdict in favor of a large machinery manufacturer where plaintiff was severely injured and brought claims of manufacturing, design, and marketing defects against the manufacturer.
- Obtained summary judgment for commercial premises owner in property damage action in Dallas County wherein Plaintiff claimed a multitude of damages, including business losses and treble damages.
- Obtained summary judgment for upscale residential premises owner in property damage action in Dallas County involving claims of fraud and negligent hiring and retention.
- Obtained defense verdict for movie theater owner and operator in Tarrant County in an action involving claims of food poisoning and personal injury.
- Obtained defense verdict for pest control company in an action involving claims of fraud and violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Advise insurers in connection with enforceability of various contractual provisions, including indemnity and limitation of liability provisions.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Speeches and Presentations
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 2007, May 2007, Law Review Staff Member and Articles Editor, Graduated Magna Cum Laude, Regent Scholar 2005-2007
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2004, Government and Spanish
- Texas, 2007
- United States District Court Northern, Eastern and Southern District of Texas