- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 1985
- Texas Tech University, B.A., 1982, Advanced Mock Trial and Advanced Moot Court Winner, Best Oralist
- Texas, 1985
- Supreme Court of Texas, 1986
- United States District Court Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas, 1993
- United States Court of Appeals , 2006
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8276 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Jennifer Aufricht is a trial lawyer whose practice focuses on sexual torts, industrial and oil field accidents and product liability cases. She also defends a full range of personal injury cases including medical malpractice.
Jennifer has successfully tried many cases defending wrongful death and serious personal injury claims. She has resolved hundreds of cases in which she represented churches, day cares, apartment complexes, manufacturers, trucking companies, oilfield service companies, and construction companies.
Jennifer prides herself on an "old school" approach focused on the best interest of the client, which includes early case evaluation and attempts at resolution such that litigation costs may be minimized or avoided whenever possible.
- Obtained summary judgment for a religious organization in sexual molestation case.
- Settled highly publicized multi-million dollar food contamination case during trial for regional food distribution company.
- Won a defense verdict for Fortune 500 Company in multi-million dollar death and bystander claim resulting from pipeline construction accident.
- Took over case after adverse verdict against insurance carrier and obtained defense verdict in new trial in multi-million dollar worker’s compensation bad faith suit.
- Obtained defense verdict placing 100% responsibility for infant’s death on mother in products liability case against baby crib manufacturer.
- Obtained defense verdict, putting fault on Plaintiff, for auto component supplier in an automobile rollover-related traumatic brain injury case.
- Acquired settlement in high profile sexual molestation case for gymnastics facility.
- Obtained numerous favorable settlements for religious organizations in sexual molestation cases.
Professional and Community Activities
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Associate member since 2009
- University of Texas-The Center for Women in Law Leadership Boot Camp, Faculty member, 2011, 2012, 2013
Speeches and Presentations
- "Texas Pests: Rattlers, Brahmas, Rapists 'n' Remingtons... Reining in Plaintiffs with Good Texas Law," Thompson Coe's 12th Seminar of Texas Insurance Law Developments, October 2013
- "Defending the Right to a Live Witness in the Video Age" DRI newsletter Trials and Tribulation, Vol.16, Issue 2
- "Defending the Right to a Live Witness in the Video Age" DRI newsletter The Voice, Vol. 9, Issue 49
- "Social Networking Your New BFF" UDLA Annual Meeting scheduled for September 22, 2011, Salt Lake City, Utah
- "Social Networking Your New BFF" DRI Damages Seminar, March 23-25, Las Vegas, NV
- "Social Networking Your New BFF" for Thompson Coe's 9th Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments, May 6, 2010