Jennifer Aufricht is a trial lawyer who focuses her practice on sexual molestation, product liability and medical malpractice cases, but also defends a full range of personal injury cases.
Jennifer has tried numerous cases defending wrongful death and serious personal injury claims. She has resolved hundreds of cases in which she represented business owners, apartment complexes, manufacturers, trucking companies, construction companies, and churches.
Jennifer prides herself on an "old school" approach focused on the best interest of the client, which includes early case evaluation such that litigation costs may be minimized or avoided whenever possible.
- Settled highly publicized multi-million dollar food contamination case during trial for regional food distribution company.
- Won a defense verdict for Fortune 500 Company in multi-million dollar death and bystander claim resulting from pipeline construction accident.
- Took over case after adverse verdict against insurance carrier for bad faith and obtained defense verdict in new trial in multi-million dollar worker’s compensation bad faith suit.
- Obtained defense verdict placing 100% responsibility for infant’s death on mother in products liability case against baby crib manufacturer.
- Obtained defense verdict, putting fault on Plaintiff, for auto component supplier in an automobile rollover-related case.
- Acquired settlement in high profile sexual molestation case for gymnastics facility.
- Obtained numerous favorable settlements for religious organizations in sexual molestation cases.
Professional and Community Activities
- University of Texas-The Center for Women in Law Leadership Boot Camp, Faculty member, March 2011
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Associate member, 2009
Speeches and Presentations
- "Defending the Right to a Live Witness in the Video Age" DRI newsletter Trials and Tribulation, Vol.16, Issue 2
- "Defending the Right to a Live Witness in the Video Age" DRI newsletter The Voice, Vol. 9, Issue 49
- "Social Networking Your New BFF" UDLA Annual Meeting scheduled for September 22, 2011, Salt Lake City, Utah
- "Social Networking Your New BFF" DRI Damages Seminar, March 23-25, Las Vegas, NV
- "Social Networking Your New BFF" for Thompson Coe's 9th Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments, May 6, 2010
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 1985
- Texas Tech University, B.A., 1982, Advanced Mock Trial and Advanced Moot Court Winner, Best Oralist
- Texas, 1985
- Supreme Court of Texas, 1986
- United States District Court Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas, 1993
- United States Court of Appeals , 2006