- University of Arkansas, J.D., 2003, Board of Advocates
- University of Arkansas, B.S., 2000, Business Management
- Texas, 2004
- Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8297 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Jason Jobe’s practice focuses primarily on defending and counseling clients in professional liability and consumer related litigation. He represents a wide range of individuals and companies, including insurance agents, brokers, third-party administrators, debt collectors, accountants, lawyers, architects and engineers, real estate agents, homeowners' associations, and property management companies. Jason has significant experience defending claims under the Texas Insurance Code, Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Texas Debt Collection Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Texas Credit Reporting Act, and Texas Securities Act. His practice also focuses on assisting and counseling clients on data privacy and cyber liability issues.
Jason currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Professional Liability Defense Federation (PLDF). He is the Chair of PLDF’s Insurance Agent/Broker Committee and member of the Cyber Liability Committee. Jason is also active in ACA International and ACA of Texas as a member of the Members Attorney Program (MAP). Jason has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers magazine in 2014 and 2015.
Motion to Dismiss granted in federal lawsuit against third-party debt collector sued on claims of negligence, defamation, and violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”).
Obtained dismissal of Consumer Complaint filed with the Texas Department of Insurance against insurance agency based upon claims of negligent procurement of insurance coverage and a failure to disclose policy exclusions.
Obtained summary judgment dismissing all claims against client sued for alleged violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”), Texas Debt Collection Act and Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act (“DTPA”).
Assisted client in identifying and resolving a social engineered cyber attack in which funds were transfered out of the country.
Obtained dismissal of claims against an insurance agent sued on claims of negligence, gross negligence and fraud in relation to the procurement of non-trucking liability insurance.
Defended national debt collection companies in lawsuits seeking damages based upon alleged violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Obtained summary judgment for insurance agency accused of breaching fiduciary duties and committing fraud in relation to the removal of a vehicle from a commercial trucking insurance policy.
Obtained summary judgment for lawyer on legal malpractice claims arising from a bankruptcy matter in which the plaintiffs sought damages in excess of $1 million.
Obtained summary judgment for law firm sued for alleged violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act based upon the firm’s filing of a lawsuit on behalf of a client to collect a credit card debt.
Tried jury trial defending an insurance agency from claims of negligence, Deceptive Trade Practices Act violations and Texas Insurance Code violations. The trial resulted in a defense verdict.
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit against an out of state lawyer sued in Texas on claims for legal malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, aiding and abetting, conspiracy and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Obtained summary judgment for lawyer sued on claims of conspiring with a client to commit fraud.
- Obtained complete defense verdict for an insurance agency in a two-week trial on a homeowner’s million dollar claim involving a substantially underinsured historic home.
- Obtained summary judgment on multi-million dollar lawsuit against large independent insurance agency on claims that the agency failed to acquire proper coverage under a Directors & Officers policy.
- Obtained dismissal of grievance proceedings filed against attorneys with the State Bar of Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment for a law firm on a malpractice claim in which the plaintiff sought in excess of $100,000 based upon the alleged the mishandling of a landlord/tenant matter.
- Obtained summary judgment for insurance agency on claims seeking damages in excess of $150,000 on claims that the agency failed to acquire adequate insurance for their home.
- Obtained judgment on the pleadings in federal court for a law firm sued for alleged violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act based upon the firm’s filing of a lawsuit on behalf of a client to collect a credit card debt.
- Obtained summary judgment on claims against an insurance agency for Deceptive Trade Practices Act violations, Texas Insurance Code violations, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duties.
Professional and Community Activities
- Professional Liability Defense Federation- Board of Directors
- Professional Liability Defense Federation- Chair, Insurance and Cyber Liability Sections
- ACA International Member (MAP Attorney)
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Arkansas Alumni Association
Speeches and Presentations
- Speech on Ethical Considerations for Texas Attorneys
- Texas Broker Liability and Where It Is Expanding
- Data Breach and Privacy Law Review
- Defending Professional Liability Claims: Your Questions Answered
- Case Law Update: What You Need to Know, ACA of Texas Annual Conference
- Defending Claims Under the FDCPA and TCPA
- Cyber-Liability Risks for Real Estate Agents
- Texas Insurance Agent Litigation Overview
- Social Media Marketing and Relevant Ethics and Conflicts
- Named a 2014-2016 Super Lawyer - Rising Star by Law and Politics Magazine