- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 1997, Order of the Barristers
- The University of Texas at Dallas, B.A., 1990
- Texas, 1997
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth and Tenth Circuits
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8237 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Ms. Chandler has over 10 years of experience successfully defending insurance carriers in bad faith litigation in both the trial court and on appeal. Her past experience includes handling numerous UM/UIM and homeowners bad faith cases. Ms. Chandler also has extensive experience in defending carriers in Stowers litigation. Ms. Chandler’s experience in defending insurance carriers also includes evaluating and defending hundreds of homeowners claims related to catastrophic loss in the Texas Gulf Region and surrounding areas. Ms. Chandler’s representation also includes acting as defense counsel in a number of class action cases involving insurance coverage and handling issues under personal and commercial auto policies.
In addition to handling bad faith litigation, Ms. Chandler performs coverage analysis for clients under both personal and commercial lines policies.
- Defended Fortune 500 insurance company in class action litigation involving methodology for determining when a motor vehicle is a total loss.
- Defended Fortune 500 insurance company in complex litigation involving direct claims by windshield/glass chip repair vendors.
- Defended Fortune 500 insurance company in over 425 Hurricane Rita lawsuits in the Beaumont-Orange area.
- Defended Fortune 500 insurance company in multimillion dollar Stowers suit involving claim on a personal auto policy.
- Defended numerous insurance companies in cases involving UM/UIM claims and attempts to assert declaratory relief as improper effort to recover attorneys’ fees.
- Defended Fortune 500 insurance company in complex litigation involving made whole doctrine. See Veazey v. Allstate Texas Lloyds, 2007 WL 29239 (N.D. Tex. 2007).
- Filed successful mandamus on behalf of Fortune 500 insurance company in case involving UM/UIM claim and severance and abatement of bad faith causes of action. See In Re Allstate Ins. Co., 232 SW.3d 340 (Tex. App.—Tyler 2007, orig. proceeding).
- Obtained reversal on appeal of case against Fortune 500 insurance company involving claim under the common fund doctrine. See Allstate Ins. Co. v. Edminster, 224 S.W.3d 456 (Tex, App.—Dallas 2007, no pet.).
- Successfully represented insurance carrier on appeal in case involving coverage under a CGL policy.
- Defended insurance carrier in class action case involving the recovery of diminished value under the Comprehensive/Collision Coverage of a Texas personal auto policy. See Carlton v. Trinity Universal Ins. Co., 32 S.W.3d 454 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] 2000, pet. denied).
Professional and Community Activities
- Public Affairs Luncheon Club, 2008
- Member of the Dallas Bar Association
- Member of the Appellate Section of the Texas State Bar
- Member of the Texas State Bar
Speeches and Presentations
- "Hurricane Litigation After Mediation Fails" Panel Discussion-Moderator, Thompson Coe's 9th Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments, May 6, 2010
- “Ch, Ch, Ch, Changes”….in the Coverage Under the Texas Personal Auto Policy, 2008
- Subrogation and Liens: Basic Principles and Practical Considerations, 2007
- 2005 Insurance Cases Every Agent and Adjuster Should Know, 2005
- What Were They Thinking? Top Ten Insurance Cases of 2004
- Supreme Court Rules on Diminish Value, 2003
- “Unfair Discrimination” Under Article 21.21-8 Takes on New Meaning, 2001
- Texas Rising Star by Law & Politics magazine (2006, 2007 and 2008)