Heather Sauter’s litigation practice focuses on premises liability, products liability, and construction cases. She represents product manufacturers and distributors, premises owners, hospitals, apartment complexes, movie theatres, alarm and security companies, commercial and residential contractors, real estate agents, and unions in a broad range of tort and contract-related matters. This includes personal injury, wrongful death, and property damage cases. Heather's work with general contractors and subcontractors has involved issues ranging from HVAC/plumbing to electrical to safety, including fall protection and shoring. Her work for product manufacturers and retailers has included products such as doors, seat belts, and chain assemblies.
- Obtained favorable resolution for a property owner during trial in a lawsuit involving an elevator accident in Kaufman County, Texas.
- Obtained defense verdict in Hunt County for manufactured/mobile home manufacturer in a negligence/products liability action arising from a trucking accident.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a movie theatre in a premises liability case in Dallas County.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a movie theatre in a premises liability case in Dallas County.
- Convinced the Dallas Court of Appeals to overturn a default judgment taken against a Fortune 500 company.
- Obtained summary judgment for a temporary employment agency in a premises liability case where the plaintiff claimed several hundred thousand dollars in damages.
- Obtained summary judgment for an international union in South Texas on a negligence claim arising from a motor vehicle accident.
- Defended a door manufacturer in a products liability case arising from the kidnapping, sexual assault, and attempted murder of the plaintiff.
- Obtained a take nothing judgment for a Fortune 500 company in a negligent installation case.
- Resolved a products liability claim where the plaintiff was seeking several hundred thousand dollars in damages against a product manufacturer for a nominal amount.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Member DRI Product Liability Committee
- Member DRI Construction Law Committee
- Member DRI Restaurants, Hotels, & Hospitality
Speeches and Presentations
- Named a Super Lawyer - Rising Star by Law & Politics magazine in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
- "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2003, SMU Law Review, Associate Editor, Corporate Counsel Symposium, Phi Delta Phi
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1999, Sociology
- Texas, 2003
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court Eastern District of Texas