- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1997, with honors
- Texas Christian University, B.A., 1994, History and English, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Texas, 1997
- United States District Court Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
George (Trey) N. Wilson III
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8283 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Trey Wilson’s practice focuses on products liability, premises liability, construction defect, automobile/trucking accident and crashworthiness, and real estate agent/broker errors and omissions claims.
Trey has represented numerous parties in personal injury, wrongful death, breach of contract, fire, and property damage cases, including property owners and management companies, general contractors, subcontractors, churches, private schools, hotels, movie theaters, and restaurants. Trey’s work with general contractors and subcontractors has involved issues including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, structural, moisture intrusion, flooding, road construction, and workplace safety, including fall protection and confined space entry. His work with property owners and management companies has involved fire safety issues, including fire code compliance and the effectiveness of fire alarm and smoke detector systems, pool safety, and security issues in cases where criminal activity has occurred at a property.
Trey has represented numerous product manufacturers and retailers in personal injury, wrongful death, and property damage cases, including products as varied as amusement park rides, oilfield equipment, bearings, cranes, seatbelts, paintball guns, grease disposal systems, industrial grinders, and floor installation systems. Trey has also represented individuals, companies, and product manufacturers in connection with automobile, motorcycle, and trucking accidents, including claims related to vehicle crashworthiness.
Trey’s practice also involves defending agents and brokers in residential and commercial transactions. He has represented numerous real estate agents and brokers in DTPA claims, both pre-suit and in litigation, where the issues include the analysis of foundations, drainage, mold, and alleged termite damage, as well as disputes over the payment of commissions. As part of Trey’s practice, he speaks to realtors and brokers about ways to avoid potential litigation and what can be helpful for the defense once litigation arises.
- Obtained defense verdict in wrongful death case in Galveston County representing the general contractor where a subcontractor employee fell through a sky light on a roof and sustained fatal injuries.
- Obtained summary judgment for apartment complex owners and management company in premises liability case involving catastrophic personal injuries in Tarrant County, Texas
- Obtained summary judgment for business owner in case involving allegations of environmental contamination and exposure in Tarrant County, Texas
- Obtained summary judgment for commercial landlord in premises liability case involving a fall outside a restaurant in Dallas County, Texas
- Obtained summary judgment for commercial landlord in premises liability case involving fall inside a bar in Dallas County, Texas
- Obtained dismissal of property owner in lawsuit involving a disputed electrical fire in Dallas County, Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment for property owner and management company in lawsuit involving an injury to a subcontractor at an apartment complex in Dallas County, Texas.
- Obtained favorable resolution for property owner during trial in a lawsuit involving an elevator accident in Kaufman County, Texas.
- Obtained defense verdict in Hunt County for manufactured/mobile home manufacturer in a negligence/products liability action arising from a trucking accident.
- Obtained dismissal of paving and utility contractor in wrongful death case in Hidalgo County, Texas.
- Obtained favorable verdict for amusement park ride manufacturer in multi-plaintiff products liability case in Tarrant County, Texas.
- Obtained defense verdict for landscaping/irrigation company in case involving alleged flooding in Dallas County, Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment for product supplier in personal injury lawsuit in Hunt County, Texas.
- Obtained defense verdict for real estate agent in DTPA lawsuit in Dallas County, Texas.
- Obtained favorable verdict for defendant in an assault case brought in Tarrant County, Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment for real estate agent in Dallas County, Texas in lawsuit arising from multi-million dollar commercial transaction in Tennessee.
- Obtained summary judgment for real estate company in DTPA lawsuit in McLennan County, Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment for national hotel chain in Dallas County, Texas in personal injury lawsuit arising from incident in Indiana.
- Obtained dismissal of real estate agent in lawsuit arising from sale of land in Collin County, Texas.
- Obtained dismissal of real estate company in breach of contract lawsuit in Tarrant County, Texas.
- Obtained dismissal of real estate agent in lawsuit arising from property in Hood County, Texas.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of the Council on Litigation Management-Product Liability Committee
- Founding member of the Dallas chapter of Young Texans Against Cancer
- Member DRI Product Liability Committee
- Member DRI Construction Law Committee
- Member DRI Trucking Law Committee
- Member National Fire Protection Association
- DYLA Foundation Life Fellow
Speeches and Presentations
- "Economic Loss Doctrine: Tort and Coverage Issues"Thompson Coe's 11th Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments, October 25, 2012
- "Defending the Right to a Live Witness in the Video Age" DRI newsletter Trials and Tribulation, Vol. 9, Issue 49
- "Defending The Right To A Live Witness" DRI newsletter Trials and Tribulation, Vol. 16, Issue 2
- "The Subprime Web and Real Estate Agents: Will Realtors Get Caught?" REAL Risks, Issue 2, 2008
- Named a Super Lawyer - Rising Star by Law & Politics magazine in 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell.