- University of Denver, J.D. / M.A., 1991, Law / International Studies
- Duke University, B.A., 1987, Political Science
- Colorado, 1990
- Texas, 1993
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8222 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Joni R. Sullivan
Frank M. Kennedy defends insurance carriers in state and federal courts in coverage and bad faith disputes involving a wide range of coverage and claim issues.
In addition, he advises insurance carriers on coverage issues involving commercial liability policies (both primary and excess), commercial property policies, professional errors and omissions policies, and workers’ compensation bad faith matters.
- Obtained favorable ruling from the Federal 5th Circuit Court of Appeals for ac excess carrier concerning the insurability of a multi-million dollar punitive damage judgment.
- Obtained defense verdict in workers’ compensation bad faith trial in which settlement demand was $2 million.
- Represented excess carriers in multi-million dollar construction defect cases.
- Advised insurance carrier in multi-million dollar claim by a Fortune 500 company under a worldwide crime insurance policy.
- Advised and defended life and accidental death insurance companies on claims and litigation issues.
- Defended commercial umbrella carrier in multi-million dollar coverage action arising from trucking accident.
- Defended personal and commercial property insurance carriers in hurricane-related litigation.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas, Insurance Section
- Dallas Bar Association, Tort & Insurance Practice Group
- DRI (Defense Research Institute)
- American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section
Speeches and Presentations
- "Economic Loss Doctrine: Tort and Coverage Issues" Thompson Coe's 11th Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments, October 25, 2012
- "Contractual Liability Exclusion In CGL Policy," Law360, Frank M. Kennedy & Sean A. Clemmensen (July 23, 2010)
- "Appellate/Tort Update" for Thompson Coe's 9th Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments (May 6, 2010)
- Panel Discussion: Recent Insurance Decisions of the Texas Supreme Court, Thompson Coe - 8th Annual Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments (11/06/08)
- Arson Mock Trial Presentation: The Adjuster as Witness, Thompson Coe - 6th Annual Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments (10/12/06)
- Insurer Liability for Agent Misrepresentations, Thompson Coe - 2nd Annual Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments (12/05/02).