- University of Texas School of Law, Bachelor of Law, 1958
- University of Texas, B.A., 1955
- Texas, 1958
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas, 1962
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit, 1973
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8282 direct | 214-872-8209 fax
Emory L. White, Jr., provides legal advice and assistance in a wide variety of insurance issues and transactions to companies, agencies, brokers, associations and others interested in the insurance business. These transactions include sales, acquisitions, mergers, formations, reorganizations, reinsurance and licensing.
Emory is a frequent speaker at industry meetings, seminars and conventions, including the Dallas chapter of the CPCU, the Texas Department of Insurance and various agency organizations. He has also been a speaker and panelist for the Continuing Legal Education Satellite Network (speaking on insurance insolvencies and participating in panel discussions on legal issues in insurance) and has been a speaker at reinsurance seminars sponsored by the University of Dallas, School of Management.
He is the former Chairman of the Management Committee (1983-1997).
- Beginning in 1965, Emory was involved in the resolution of a succession of reinsurance issues and disputes on a nationwide and international scope growing out of the failure of certain reinsurance pools. Since then, he has represented both reinsurers and ceding companies in numerous reinsurance disputes and has acted as lead attorney in several lawsuits (and in two arbitrations) occurring in Dallas, New York, Los Angeles and San Diego. He also has testified as an expert witness in reinsurance matters in the U.S. Federal Court, Southern District of Texas.
- Provided legal guidance to reinsurers and ceding companies on a regular basis as a part of his representation of the insurance industry. He has drafted numerous reinsurance treaties and agreements.
- Served as a director of Scor Reinsurance Company, a New York corporation, for 13 years (1978 to 1991) and currently serves as a director of Optimum Re Insurance Company (a life reinsurance subsidiary of a Canadian insurance holding company) and of British American Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Austin Industries, Inc. He is a former director and general counsel of H.S. Fox Corp., a reinsurance intermediary now merged into the nation's largest reinsurance intermediary.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Federation of Regulatory Counsel
“AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell.