- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 2015, Order of the Barristers
- Fordham University, B.S., 2012
- Texas, 2015
- United States District Court Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
Houston, Texas 77056
713-403-8381 direct | 713-403-8299 fax
Austin, Texas 78701
512-708-8200 direct | 512-708-8777 fax
Devin Vasquez represents clients in employment litigation, personal injury and wrongful death, health care liability claims, first party property and contract claims, and lawsuits involving premises liability. Her clients include health care providers, property owners associations, insurance carriers, general and subcontractors, and property owners. Devin also represents both private and public sector businesses and their respective directors, officers, and management officials in employment matters throughout Texas. In the area of employment law, Devin focuses on representing employers and their leadership in discrimination and retaliation lawsuits, wage claims, suits for breach of contract, various employment-related torts, and suits for violation of state and federal statutes, such as the FLSA, FMLA, and Texas workers’ compensation retaliation statute.
- Defended multiple insurance carriers in matters involving personal and commercial policies.
- Nonsuit filed by Plaintiff following the filing of a Verified Plea in Abatement in a laser hair removal treatment case.
- Represented numerous employers before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Texas Workforce Commission and obtained favorable rulings and dismissals of Charges of Discrimination.
- Negotiated several favorable settlements on behalf of employers for claims of discrimination and retaliation.
- Negotiated favorable settlements for commercial property and homeowners insurers on wind and hail claims involving bad faith allegations.
Professional and Community Activities
- Austin Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- DRI, Labor and Employment Law Section
- The Voice of the Defense Bar