- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2010, cum laude
- Binghamton University State University of New York, B.A., 2007, summa cum laude
- New York, 2011
- United States District Court Northern and Western Districts of New York
- Texas, 2014
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8295 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Dave concentrates his practice on advising and representing insurers on a wide range of coverage and insurance related litigation matters arising under a broad spectrum of insurance products, including general liability and excess/umbrella policies, professional errors and omissions policies, workers compensation and employers liability policies, and commercial property and homeowners policies. He regularly drafts complex coverage opinions, reservation of rights letters and denial letters as well as a variety of other coverage specific documents. Through early, accurate and comprehensive coverage analysis, he provides insurers with a clear, early view of the relevant coverage issues along with a thoughtful, effective resolution strategy.
Dave is also a seasoned writer and routinely drafts dispositive motions, appellate briefs, and a variety of pleadings and other critical documents.
- Obtained Summary Judgment on behalf of general liability insurer in coverage litigation seeking defense and indemnity for claims involving significant property damage.
- Obtained affirmance of Summary Judgment on behalf of insurer in coverage litigation arising out of claims involving serious bodily injury.
- Obtained Summary Judgment on behalf of general liability insurer in coverage litigation seeking defense and indemnity for claims involving the sale of alcohol to a minor and catastrophic bodily injury.
Speeches and Presentations
Allocation Issues for Defense and Indemnity: “Other Insurance” Clauses and Determinations Concerning Primacy, Proration and Sharing (Speaker, May 2013, Advanced Insurance Coverage 2013 CLE, New York State Bar Association)