- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 1979, Southwestern Law Review, Wall Street Journal Student Achievement Award
- The University of Texas at Arlington, M.A., 1975, Urban Affairs
- The University of Texas at Arlington, B.A., 1972, Psychology
- All State Courts Texas, 1979
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth and Sixth Circuits
- United States Supreme Court
- Arkansas, 2009
- United States District Court Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas, 2009
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8232 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
David Taylor represents clients in mass tort and product liability defense, property and casualty insurance, and professional liability. David has extensive experience advising clients on a variety of complex disputes with an eye toward early and efficient resolution.
David has deep jury trial experience in numerous areas including industrial contamination, defamation to product and professional liability. His clients range from small businesses to fortune 500 companies who rely on him for national trial defense, each with their own goals and needs. He always seeks a resolution that meets the unique situation of each client.
- Obtained complete defense verdict in favor of a large machinery manufacturer where plaintiff was severely injured and brought claims of manufacturing, design, and marketing defects against the manufacturer.
- Obtained defense verdict for Fortune 500 company in several product liability trials.
- Defended international excess insurers in product liability coverage disputes resulting in favorable resolutions.
- Defended numerous insurance carriers in jury trials regarding coverage and bad faith with defense verdicts or favorable results.
- Defended defamation claims prevailing without trial.
- Tried professional liability cases to defense verdict including lawyers, agents and brokers.
- Defended mass tort cases regarding safety equipment and medical products obtaining favorable result.
- Represented a reinsurance intermediary on claims for placing reinsurance with an insolvent carrier.
- Represented excess carriers on numerous drop-down issues resulting in district and appellate court affirmation of defense win.
- Represented lawyers and other professionals on errors and omissions.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Dallas Association of Defense Counsel
- Dallas Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
Speeches and Presentations
- Ready, Set, Testify: The Adjuster as a Witness, Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update 2009, Thompson Coe Houston Seminar, 2009
- What Do Twelve Ordinary People Think? The Art of Picking the Jury, 2008
- Cost-Effective Litigation Management, Labor & Employment Seminar, 2006-2007
- Good Faith Claims Handling, Thompson Coe’s Seventh Annual Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments, 2007
- Nominated by peers to The Best Lawyers in America® 2011-2018 in the field of Product Liability Litigation. (Copyright 2013 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC)
- Named by Law & Politics magazine as a Super Lawyer for Civil Litigation Defense 2003-2014
- Named by Law & Politics magazine's Texas Super Lawyers® - Super Lawyer, Corporate Counsel Edition for Civil Litigation Defense 2008-2010
- “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell.