Danielle Maya is a trial lawyer with extensive experience in civil litigation in a wide variety of areas, including products liability, casualty, serious bodily injury, professional liability, premise liability, construction law, trucking litigation and railroad liability.
The majority of Danielle’s work has been in jurisdictions throughout Texas, and she has defended clients in both state and federal multidistrict litigation.
In products liability litigation, Danielle has represented large international and national clients in complex multi-party casualty and serious bodily injury cases.
In professional liability matters, she has defended real estate professionals in state court and before the Texas Real Estate Commission.
In construction litigation, she has represented subcontractors and design professionals in complex multi-party high stakes cases involving serious bodily injury and wrongful death claims.
In premise liability matters, she has defended large national corporations in state court.
In trucking litigation, Danielle has defended regional trucking companies and individual drivers.
In railroad liability, Danielle has defended national and regional railroad companies against Federal Employers’ Liability Act claims.
- Obtained favorable jury verdicts in two wrongful death cases and one serious bodily injury case.
- Managed the majority of the Texas litigation for a large international manufacturer in a significant product recall.
- Obtained dismissal of cases on summary judgments for transportation companies and products manufactures.
- Obtained dismissal of several cases for large international client on the grounds of forum non conveniens.
- Defended a Fortune 100 company in premise liability claims.
- Defended real estate agents and brokers against professional liability claims.
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Bar Association: Current committees--Lawyer Professionalism, Fun Run; Past committees--Lawyers in Public Schools, Judicial Polls
- Texas Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Habitat for Humanity
Speeches and Presentations
- Author and speaker, "Texas Dram Shop Liability: In the Eye of the Hurricane?" Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update presented by Thompson Coe, April 2010.
- Author and speaker, "Navigating Black Diamonds: Expert Challenges," presented at Texas Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Winter 2010.
- Author and speaker, "Premise Liability: A Good Place to Be," Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update presented by Thompson Coe, September 2009.
- Editor of Digest of Insurance Law Texas, Best's Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys for 2008, 2009, 2010.
- Author and speaker, “Everybody’s a Critic, How and When to Challenge an Expert,” Texas Insurance and Tort Law Update presented by Thompson Coe, September 2008.
- Co-authored “Defense of a Diesel Exhaust Exposure Case,” presented at Texas Association of Railroad Trial Counsel Meeting, April 2000.
- Author and speaker, “Texas Rules of Evidence Update,” Texas Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Spring 1999.
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 1998, Harvey M. Richey Moot Court Society
- Baylor University, M.B.A., 1998, Hankammer School of Business
- Southwestern Adventist University, B.S., 1992, Business Management
- Texas, 1998
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas