Daniel Buechler’s practice is focused on the representation of insurance carriers in matters involving personal and commercial lines policies. He has extensive experience litigating first-party property claims, coverage disputes, UM/UIM claims, D&O claims, bad faith causes of action, Stowers and other extra-contractual causes of action in the third-party context, and class action disputes.
In addition, Daniel regularly represents property owners, developers, and management companies against premises liability claims as well as contract claims arising from lease agreements. He also has extensive experience in the areas of product liability, construction defect, property disputes, and trucking litigation in both state and federal courts.
- Represented apartment complex and management company in jury trial of premises liability claims.
- Obtained directed verdict for property insurer following jury trial of claims for breach of contract and bad faith.
- Represented UM/UIM carriers in multiple jury trials involving claims for personal injuries, property damage, and lost wages.
- Obtained summary judgment for trucking company in lawsuit involving claims arising from fatal accident.
- Obtained summary judgment for foreign water drilling company in lawsuit regarding construction of well head.
- Represented Fortune 500 commercial insurance carrier in dozens of lawsuits arising from Hurricane Ike claims.
- Represented numerous commercial property carriers in a wide range of coverage property disputes.
- Represented D & O carrier in complex, multi-party coverage lawsuit.
- Represented manufacturer of automatic door components in premises liability and products liability lawsuit.
- Obtained summary judgment for foreign trucking company in complex, multi-party personal injury lawsuit in East Texas.
- Argued appeal of personal auto coverage issue before the Fifth Court of Appeals.
- Represented insurance carrier in federal class action lawsuit alleging violations of Federal privacy law.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of property insurer in declaratory judgment action involving the application of the made whole doctrine.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of automobile insurer on claims involving breach of contract, breach of the duty of good faith and fair dealing, and discriminatory practices.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of E & O carrier in declaratory judgment action involving legal malpractice coverage issue.
Professional and Community Activities
- Adjunct professor of business law at the University of Texas at Dallas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers- Co-chair Law Student Assistance Committee
- American Bar Association
- General Counsel - Shared Housing Center, Inc.
- Former enterprise development volunteer for United States Peace Corps - Mali, West Africa
Speeches and Presentations
- "We Just Dropped In to See What Condition Our Conditions Were In" for Thompson Coe's 9th Seminar on Texas Insurance Law Developments, May 6, 2010
- Named a 2013 Super Lawyer - Rising Star by Law & Politics magazine
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2005, Associate Editor: Texas International Law Journal
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1999, History, Normandy Scholar; College Scholar
- Texas, 2005
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit