Dan McGuire is a trial attorney and litigator focusing on commercial and civil litigation, particularly business disputes and litigation over property damage and personal injury matters. He has experience in a variety of complex litigation matters and disputes involving breach of contract, negligence, products liability, premises liability, intentional and negligent misrepresentation, disparagement, tortious interference with contracts, property damage, environmental liability, insurance coverage, and bankruptcy.
Before moving to Texas and working at Thompson Coe, Dan was an associate with the Washington, DC office of an AmLaw Top-120 firm, where he practiced commercial litigation with a focus on insurance coverage and bankruptcy matters.
- Obtained less-than-defense-costs settlement in business defamation, tortious interference with contract, and conspiracy case representing commercial flooring company;
- Obtained favorable settlement for fire sprinkler contractor in an amount less than 30% of plaintiff's settlement demand;
- Obtained favorable settlement for product manufacturer in multi-million dollar product liability lawsuit.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
Speeches and Presentations
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2008, Article Development Editor, American Criminal Law Review, Moot Court, Georgetown Criminal Justice Clinic Student Attorney
- University of Arizona, B.A., 2005, Political Science / Journalism Double Major, with Honors, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Texas, 2012
- District of Columbia, 2011
- California, 2010