Christene Wood’s experience includes the representation of domestic and surplus lines insurers with an extensive representation of Syndicates in the London market. Christene has defended insurers, third party administrators, managing agents, and adjusters in first party contractual and extra-contractual disputes arising from disputes by commercial and personal lines insureds. She has experience in catastrophe claims as well as claims arising from suspected arson, fraud, theft, and vandalism. Her experience also includes counseling her clients on coverage matters and defense of insureds in third-party liability and professional liability claims.
- Lundstrom v. United Servs. Auto Ass'n–CIC, 192 S.W.3d 78 (Tex.App.-Houston [14th Dist.] 2006, pet. denied).
- Handled multiple first party claims and lawsuits through settlement or disposition.
- Secured preferential rulings on numerous Motions for Summary Judgment involving personal injury, premises liability and coverage disputes.
Professional and Community Activities
- Houston Bar Association - Juvenile Consequences Program Committee, Co-Chair, 2012-2013
- Crossroads, mentor to youth held in detention while awaiting disposition of criminal charges
Speeches and Presentations
- "The Claim File as Used in Litigation”—a presentation to a small group of independent adjusters in March 2010
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2003, Associate Editor Houston Journal of International Law
- Stephen F. Austin State University, B.A., 1989
- Texas, 2003
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas