Craig Dowis represents numerous commercial and residential real estate brokers and agents, appraisers, insurance agents, engineers, architects, title companies, lawyers, and inspectors. This representation includes pre-suit consultations regarding contract disputes, litigation and Texas Real Estate Commission complaints against real estate professionals.
In addition to this representation, Craig conducts seminars to real estate agencies and appraisers concerning litigation avoidance and other critical issues facing their profession.
- Defended prominent Plaintiff’s attorney in multi-day arbitration arising out of claims for legal malpractice. Arbitration panel completely exonerated client.
- Negotiated exclusive marketing and sale agreement for high profile condominium complex on behalf of premier Dallas luxury real estate broker.
- Obtained no action finding of complaint filed against real estate brokerage and agent with Texas Real Estate Commission for unauthorized practice of real estate in Texas.
- Negotiated favorable settlement of DTPA, negligence, fraud, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty claims against Texas insurance agency and individual agents filed in difficult venue.
- Represented multiple commercial real estate brokers in connection with claims involving allegations of fraud and violations of the Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Represented numerous engineers and architects relating to negligence claims in connection with their professional services.
- Obtained a directed verdict in favor of real estate agent/agency clients in a week-long trial in a difficult venue involving a premises liability claim.
- Obtained multiple summary judgment rulings on real estate agent/agency disclosure issues.
- Resolved multi-million dollar real estate agent claims involving high-profile plaintiffs.
- Represented title company involving foreclosure of multiple properties resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Obtained multiple dismissal’s of claims against real estate agents/agencies without offering any settlement money.
- Negotiated confidential sales agreement for a high-profile purchaser in the Preston Hollow area of Dallas.
- Resolved appraisal board complaint against a prominent Dallas appraiser.
- Resolved Texas Real Estate Commission complaints against multiple real estate agents.
Professional and Community Activities
- Professional Liability Defense Federation
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyer
- Defense Research Institute
- Texas Exes
Speeches and Presentations
- Multiple seminars sponsored by Republic Title for real estate agents and brokers, entitled "Dodging Litigation"
- Appraiser and Real Estate Agent Errors and Omissions, Summer 2011, General Star Insurance Company
- Appraiser Liability Avoidance, Houston Area Appraisal Institute, August 17, 2010
- Numerous seminars provided to real estate agents/agencies throughout North, East and West Texas.
- Appraiser Liability Avoidance - Appraiser Institute Seminar concerning Litigation Avoidance, Fall 2008
- Named a 2010-2013 Super Lawyer - Rising Star by Law & Politics magazine.
- Nova Southeastern University/University of Texas, J.D.
- University of Texas at Austin , B.A.
- Texas, 2000
- Northern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas