- University of Oklahoma College of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Oklahoma, B.A., 2008
- Texas, 2011
- United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Bankruptcy Court Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
700 North Pearl Street
Twenty-Fifth Floor - Plaza of the Americas
Dallas, Texas 75201
214-871-8272 direct | 214-871-8209 fax
Cody Moorse is an associate in the firm’s Professional Liability practice, where he represents officers, directors, real estate brokers, insurance agents, and other professional clients in litigation throughout Texas. Cody also defends lawyers in legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty suits and in grievance proceedings. Cody has significant experience defending claims under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Texas Debt Collection Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Obtained summary judgment for a client in a lawsuit alleging numerous violations of the FDCPA and TCPA
- Obtained judgment in federal court for a law firm sued for alleged violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act based upon the firm’s filing of a lawsuit on behalf of a client to collect a credit card debt.
- Obtained judgment at the trial level and successfully argued at the appellate level for a client accused of several TDCPA violations.
- Helped obtain a jury verdict for an escrow agent accused of breaching their fiduciary duty.
- Successfully defended a general contractor in a suit for breach of contract and slander of title.
- Successfully represented holdings companies and banks in a suit to clear numerous title defects on residential and commercial properties.
- Successfully represented an interior design company in a breach of contract lawsuit.
Professional and Community Activities
- AT&T Cotton Bowl Council
- Elizabeth Toon Charities - Host Committee
- OU Alumni Club of Dallas
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Lambda Chi Alpha- Alumni